Why is a TESTie calling out a multiship buyer ?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
The thread was closed. Apart from that, people can buy what they'd like, but occasional posts like this help discourage people from eating up limited run ships for the sole purpose of reselling them on the grey market. It's going to happen regardless, but looking out for the community at large isn't a bad thing.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
It'd be nice if CIG limited the number of limited number ships one user could buy, but then those users would complain, saying that it's their money and they have the right to spend it however they want. I don't know why CIG would allow them to do this, considering that if players are selling ships on the grey market for cheaper prices, CIG wouldn't get as much business.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I've never seen him in RSI.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Got to say this title was a bit inflammatory as I came in expecting some Test dude being a mega douche on the official forums. While folks can buy what and how much they want in my opinion he has a point in a way. Basically it seems to me that he would like it if the community overall benefited over being able to buy ships as opposed to hoarders. Now of course Capitalism/ 'Murica and what not but nothing too bad from what I seen overall. Folks got the right to voice their disagreements/ complaints about the game, people or things taking place whether they are in Test or not. Way I see it long as you aren't going out of your way to act ignorant or douchey feel free to post your opinion whether it be on the official forums or here.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Maybe?
Honestly, I don't think there's *that* many people hoarding up ships, and certainly not enough of them that the bulk of the 890's or other limited quantity ships are in the hands of 5-10 people. Yes, the ships went fast, and unfortunately in every situation like this, people will look for ways to profit. Ultimately, if you can't get your ship now, you can always get it in PU. If you can't get over some people online being dicks in the interrim, then tough.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I can't fault someone for seeing a market and exploiting it. Welcome to capitalism at its best. Some people put money in a 401k. Others put money in limited edition collectables. More volatile than a 401k, but a couple of years down the line, when we are close to the full game launch, someone is going to pay a pretty penny for em. I mean, look at the original price of the BM and what they cost now.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I've been looking around the forums, and there are plenty of threads like this complaining about ship hoarders. The general response is usually "it's the internet, get used to it." There's really nothing CIG can do to prevent people from selling pledge ships on the gray market. WoW has been trying for years to get rid of that sort of selling, and they haven't been successful.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Probably because people were snatching up 890s and trying to flip them on the grey market for 700-800 dollars immediately after the first wave or two. People were REALLY mad when they tried to buy one and it was out, and see someone who bought 5 just to resell em all for profit.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
So, rich people being pissed off and impatient because other rich people prevented them from having their rich person playtoy now instead of after the PU launches?

Reactions: WhooptyWoo

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
So, rich people being pissed off and impatient because other rich people prevented them from having their rich person playtoy now instead of after the PU launches?
1st universe problems...

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Quite a problem, old chap. You see, while I was out sailing some rather scruffy fellow bought all the toys with this piece of plastic just as I was sailing in with my gigantic cargo of gold. Quite the conundrum, you see?

Forgot your password?