Wing Commander on NetFlix

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Started to watch it the other day and went with something else. Only reason is because I rented in a couple months ago and wanted to watch Wet Hot American Summer.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Started to watch it the other day and went with something else. Only reason is because I rented in a couple months ago and wanted to watch Wet Hot American Summer.
Curse you! Dare you watch something other than what Chris Roberts gifted the world..... Wing Commander is kinda of like a guilt pleasure that if I see it on or am bored and want something to watch while I work on something else I will pop-up. Same can be said of Point Break, Brown Sugar, any Griswold vacation movie..... I know what I will be watching today while I work on paperwork all day.

Biggest complaint of the movie... I didn't like the fighters. I could get over the cheesy Kilrathi; but the Rapiers I just never liked. I understand what CR as going for I guess; but come on I want less flying gattling gun and more Starfighter... at least the prototype Cutlass..errr Excalibur looked good. And the Hunt for Red October/Das Boat feel of battle was nailed I think too....

I've been trying to get into the Wet Hot American Summer and I think I am now either to old or have to watch the original again to be able to finish it..

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I am so watching this when I get off work, and my kids are gonna have to deal.
You mean to say that your kids: "they are gonna learn today".

I love going through older movies from my past and watching them with the kids. We watched both Crocodile Dundee's on Netflix the other day and my kids LOVED it. Gremlins, Goonies, Red Dawn, StarWars, etc. They haven't seen last Star Fighter yet though.... Amazon order created :)

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Curse you! Dare you watch something other than what Chris Roberts gifted the world..... Wing Commander is kinda of like a guilt pleasure that if I see it on or am bored and want something to watch while I work on something else I will pop-up. Same can be said of Point Break, Brown Sugar, any Griswold vacation movie..... I know what I will be watching today while I work on paperwork all day.

Biggest complaint of the movie... I didn't like the fighters. I could get over the cheesy Kilrathi; but the Rapiers I just never liked. I understand what CR as going for I guess; but come on I want less flying gattling gun and more Starfighter... at least the prototype Cutlass..errr Excalibur looked good. And the Hunt for Red October/Das Boat feel of battle was nailed I think too....

I've been trying to get into the Wet Hot American Summer and I think I am now either to old or have to watch the original again to be able to finish it..
Actually I remember exactly what happened now. I bought The Last Starfighter HD on Amazon instead after already watching WHAS: First Day of Camp. I'll probably watch it this week or weekend though because I'm going to start playing Wing Commander 3. When I'm not in SC or h1z1.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
My kids are in a dino phase right now, so the only thing they LIKE watching me play is ARK. But one of them is starting to see the fun of spaceships (thanks to Legos), so it won't be too bad.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Actually I remember exactly what happened now. I bought The Last Starfighter HD on Amazon instead after already watching WHAS: First Day of Camp. I'll probably watch it this week or weekend though because I'm going to start playing Wing Commander 3. When I'm not in SC or h1z1.
Once the kids get home from camp today I will be watching Last Starfighter followed by Wing Commander and will either go Avatar (cause shiny) or send them upstairs so I can play some AC.

Wait. You still play h1z1. I salute you sir for your commitment......

My kids are in a dino phase right now, so the only thing they LIKE watching me play is ARK. But one of them is starting to see the fun of spaceships (thanks to Legos), so it won't be too bad.
Ummmm... I let my kids play ARK for me. I mean they do all the mundane tasks such as gathering materials and leveling me up.. I focus on dinos ;) I have two girls so their focus of entertainment is not always the same.. but luckily they are junior oceanographers and love everything related to the Ocean like me. And spaceships.. thank god!

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Once the kids get home from camp today I will be watching Last Starfighter followed by Wing Commander and will either go Avatar (cause shiny) or send them upstairs so I can play some AC.

Wait. You still play h1z1. I salute you sir for your commitment......

Ummmm... I let my kids play ARK for me. I mean they do all the mundane tasks such as gathering materials and leveling me up.. I focus on dinos ;) I have two girls so their focus of entertainment is not always the same.. but luckily they are junior oceanographers and love everything related to the Ocean like me. And spaceships.. thank god!
I can't believe you still play ARK! It's worse than having a Tamagatchi and real kids. h1z1 is still pretty toxic, but it's mostly Waka, Grakees and myself making town runs and blowing shit up. Parrottmath sits back at the base building and hunting deer. We've had a few guests too like RussianJ, MrMcMurffin, Stars, Dutch, and Gotooh.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I can't believe you still play ARK! It's worse than having a Tamagatchi and real kids. h1z1 is still pretty toxic, but it's mostly Waka, Grakees and myself making town runs and blowing shit up. Parrottmath sits back at the base building and hunting deer. We've had a few guests too like MrMcMurffin, Stars, Dutch, and Gotooh.
Hence the reason why I let me kids manage all the Tamgatchi like tasks ;) Perhaps when Walking Dead comes back on I will get an H1Z1 kick again and will be your Carl or other useless character in the background ;)

Now back to Enemy at the Gates while I continue to write about the Failed State of Somalia.... I hate being an adult.

Reactions: UnderSc0re
Forgot your password?