Wing Commander Series Sale

Amon Morell

Space Marshal
Jun 19, 2015
RSI Handle
Amon Morell
I must admit that i never played the Wing Commander and Privateer games. What is the best, most fun game in the series ?

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Wing commander two for me, the trying to be a movie with three didn't quite cut it for me, the tech just want up to the task (though others will say otherwise, I'm Sure) wanna see why we fly the way we do in sc? Play one we 1 or 2. Much old school but cutting edge fun!

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
They had another sale a while back and I got 3 and 4.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I must admit that i never played the Wing Commander and Privateer games. What is the best, most fun game in the series ?
WC2 & 4 have the best stories. Gameplay and graphics in WC1 might be a bit old-school and dated at this point. Same goes for Privateer, but it is so amazing you should play it anyway. WC3 was never that great for me, but might still be fun.

Avoid Privateer 2.

WC Armada & WC Academy were fun, but not very strong narrative-wise and the gameplay is again dated.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
WC2 & 4 have the best stories. Gameplay and graphics in WC1 might be a bit old-school and dated at this point. Same goes for Privateer, but it is so amazing you should play it anyway. WC3 was never that great for me, but might still be fun.

Avoid Privateer 2.

WC Armada & WC Academy were fun, but not very strong narrative-wise and the gameplay is again dated.
Agreed to all of the above. Think everyone should fall back to play some of the original wing commander too experience not just the awesome stories but to see how far games and technology has come.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I guess I only bought 1,2, and 3 earlier. I may need to dedicate a lazy Sunday to them and get 4. How long is the game play on each?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I guess I only bought 1,2, and 3 earlier. I may need to dedicate a lazy Sunday to them and get 4. How long is the game play on each?
Game play on each? I would say about a few months of time in game to complete each mission to get the end game you would like...

NOTE: This time is based on 8yr old me and not 35 yr old me ;).... So actual game play may be less ;) Not having to change discs or wait for loading screens may actually reduce most of the time ;)

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Game play on each? I would say about a few months of time in game to complete each mission to get the end game you would like...

NOTE: This time is based on 8yr old me and not 35 yr old me ;).... So actual game play may be less ;) Not having to change discs or wait for loading screens may actually reduce most of the time ;)
Well shit. I know Ben said he's going to do a series on WC3 so I figured it was a lot more time than he showed on the 24 hours live stream but not that much. With the recent Steam Sale and another game IDK how long it will take me to get around to it but will still try to play through them even if I just start at 3 instead.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?