Wolfy's Slightly Obscure-ish Movie Recommendations Post! #1

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Hello y'all, since my PC died I've spent a lot of time reading and watching movies. Because studying is bad for you. Probably.

Since then I have watched some great films and.. an awful lot of not great films. Still worth it. So here are a few recommendations!

1. French title: L'Illusionniste English title: The Illusionist is a 2010 animated film based on a script by Jacques Tati, who if you are a film fan you will know him from his film Playtime. Imitating his style, it has very, very spare dialogue, often using only a murmured word or two as a way to convey the plot or direction of the scene. The score and sound design is frankly some of the best I have seen in film and the animation has a charming, almost nostalgic quality to it. Worth the watch but I recommend not looking into the story until after, it is really a movie to contemplate, rather than go into it knowing all about.

2. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? is a 2000 comedy film and holy shit, if you have not watched this film, you are wrong. Not only does it make some of the greatest use of digital color grading in any film, ever, but it can Single-handedly make you enjoy bluegrass music, if for just a brief 2 hour stretch. Wolfy wholeheartedly recommends this film.

3. The Blues Brothers was released in 1980 and is basically required watching while in TEST. At least it should be.

Forgot your password?