WTB Merc StarRunner to Hoplight or Redeemer

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Definitely the redeemer is going to i'm guessing sometime this year it feels right as soon as they put word out on how they are going to redesign it its going to shoot up just like the carrack did. It''s a crowd favoite.
Yeah, I agree. I can't wait to see what they do with it. I'm going to make sure I've got all my CCUs in my hangar, lol.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
What's the draw of the Redeemer? On the page it looks "just ok" with the four 2x3 turrets and 2x3 main guns. That's some decent firepower I guess, but it requires a crew of at least 5 on such a small ship. Each turret really doesn't pack much punch. Maybe if there were fewer 4x3 turrets I'd be impressed.

Is it an anti-fighter gunboat? I feel like its main guns should be 2x5 or at least 2x4. Make it go after a bigger main target while the turrets keep pressure off it. I guess once armor comes in we'll see how the smaller guns deal with bigger ships. I just would hate to see S3 weapons posing a threat to something armored like a Gemini or Hercules.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
What's the draw of the Redeemer? On the page it looks "just ok" with the four 2x3 turrets and 2x3 main guns. That's some decent firepower I guess, but it requires a crew of at least 5 on such a small ship. Each turret really doesn't pack much punch. Maybe if there were fewer 4x3 turrets I'd be impressed.

Is it an anti-fighter gunboat? I feel like its main guns should be 2x5 or at least 2x4. Make it go after a bigger main target while the turrets keep pressure off it. I guess once armor comes in we'll see how the smaller guns deal with bigger ships. I just would hate to see S3 weapons posing a threat to something armored like a Gemini or Hercules.
There was a show / competition back in the day called "The Next Great Star Ship." This is the ship that won, sadly to be honest, because the runner-up looked better. I bought this ship at the time because it was the only ship available with LTI and it was supposed to be a heavily armed troop transport. I liked the idea of moving a group of grunts into a war zone or boarding a ship etc. When I came back to the game 13 months ago, it was the first thing I looked for in my ship manifest on PO, only to realize I had the old "meh" version of the Hoplite as a placeholder. Now I hang onto the ship sheerly because it's rare at this point because many have parted with theirs out of impatience. Today it's supposed to become a gun-ship and I expect it will look quite different, this ship was designed in 2013 / 2014 when there were little to no guide-lines on what these ships should look like. The runner up was supposed to be an Origin, but today it fits Crusader Industries more. Anyhow, as a gunship will it grow, maybe, based on how things are done today I'm not sure how effective it can really be but you never know. So mine will sit in my hanger until the re-work releases and then I'll decide if I want to keep it or if I want to sell it. :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Grim, I just love the concept as a whole. The gunship idea really speaks to me, no idea why.
There was a show / competition back in the day called "The Next Great Star Ship." This is the ship that won, sadly to be honest, because the runner-up looked better. I bought this ship at the time because it was the only ship available with LTI and it was supposed to be a heavily armed troop transport. I liked the idea of moving a group of grunts into a war zone or boarding a ship etc. When I came back to the game 13 months ago, it was the first thing I looked for in my ship manifest on PO, only to realize I had the old "meh" version of the Hoplite as a placeholder. Now I hang onto the ship sheerly because it's rare at this point because many have parted with theirs out of impatience. Today it's supposed to become a gun-ship and I expect it will look quite different, this ship was designed in 2013 / 2014 when there were little to no guide-lines on what these ships should look like. The runner up was supposed to be an Origin, but today it fits Crusader Industries more. Anyhow, as a gunship will it grow, maybe, based on how things are done today I'm not sure how effective it can really be but you never know. So mine will sit in my hanger until the re-work releases and then I'll decide if I want to keep it or if I want to sell it. :)
This. I expect the rebuild to make it into something glorious, lol.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange

After the first sale they add gun to it, because firepower was low even for the time : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14291-Test-Drive-The-Origin-M50-Racer

Now they go on full gunship road and if what j.Crewe say is right about the recent reconcept, they even upgun it more.

I think they won't give it more than s4 gun personally, gunship don't need huge range and penetration weapons to destroy fighters.

The hammerhead Q&A and ares sale point that they want gunship to have limited range for weapon as balance.

I have mixed feelings about the redeemer, the nutcracker engines don't really appeal me, but it can become a very good gun platform!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I can't help you with a CCU to a Hoplite brother @Blind Owl , but I do have
"Standalone Ship - Vanguard Hoplite - LTI"
in my buybacks for $225. I was planning on pulling it out when I have the spare change, but I'd be willing to trade it to a good home.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I can't help you with a CCU to a Hoplite brother @Blind Owl , but I do have
"Standalone Ship - Vanguard Hoplite - LTI"
in my buybacks for $225. I was planning on pulling it out when I have the spare change, but I'd be willing to trade it to a good home.
Thanks a million brother, but I'll just wait. I'll be able to hunt down a CCU at some point, like the anniversary sale. I can already get to my Redeemer using other CCUs I have in my buybacks, I was just trying to do it the to cheapest way possible.
Again, I appreciate the offer.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks a million brother, but I'll just wait. I'll be able to hunt down a CCU at some point, like the anniversary sale. I can already get to my Redeemer using other CCUs I have in my buybacks, I was just trying to do it the to cheapest way possible.
Again, I appreciate the offer.
I'm always happy to help out friends when I'm able to.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?