X56

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
So I finally have the stick and throttle programmed the way I want them it took some time and a lot of trial and error now all I need to do is keep practicing with them . I will say that the ship is way more responsive with these than the keyboard and mouse I bought desk mounts and have them securely mounted to them set at the height of my armrests on my chair so as not to haft to reach up to control them .
I will be going live with my practicing soon so as to get the hang of docking using them I'm sure lots of crashing will be in store for me lol .

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
Well done! I am FIRMLY of the opinion that any flight sim needs proper axes input to really enjoy it, and think the X56 is a great HOTAS to dive in with. Your life choices are heartily applauded!
Once I have mastered these I also have the Tobii eye tracker 5 and plan on setting up gaze based targeting with it I like the ability to look around while flying and this works so good I can actually see behind each side of my chair while sitting in the cockpit really immersive .

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Wait does this part work?!?
Yes and kinda. I default to using the gaze to highlight/Pin targets, but you CAN use gaze-gimbal. Works best if you set tobii to track a single eye and it is crazy temperamental in different lighting conditions. You need to screw with the Gimbal Mouse or Virtual mouse setting (can't remember what they call it)

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
Yes and kinda. I default to using the gaze to highlight/Pin targets, but you CAN use gaze-gimbal. Works best if you set tobii to track a single eye and it is crazy temperamental in different lighting conditions. You need to screw with the Gimbal Mouse or Virtual mouse setting (can't remember what they call it)
This works great here is a video on how to set it up . Setup

Forgot your password?