Zeus II

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Obviously because they make a killing selling junkfood and beer.
And spareparts...
It wouldn't surprise me if a large part of them also happen to be gambling addicts based on their willingness to gamble their lives on selling to & buying from anybody, including the Vanduul.

• o7
Reactions: Mudhawk

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
It wouldn't surprise me if a large part of them also happen to be gambling addicts based on their willingness to gamble their lives on selling to & buying from anybody, including the Vanduul.
And suddenly I have this image in my head.
A lavishly decorated Merchantman.
Roulette and Card Tables.
Lots of one armed bandits.
Scantily clad service personal.
And a once great artist in the showroom.
And an old, fat Banuu in the corner stroking his chin and saying in a raspy voice "Ahh... Gaernin... he'sss a gud boy..." with a grand gesture of his hand.
Can't pull that off with a Zeus.
(Just to remind myself what the thread was about) :o7:

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
Obviously because they make a killing selling junkfood and beer.
I wonder who buys those... 🤔
I can see that happening)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I melted my Argo Raft and picked up a CL.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I guess I’m hooked on this ship. Both the ES and MR call to me. If they’re as quick and nimble as the Warden, and if they’re stealthy, I think I’m all in. I just can’t get away from the looks and given it comes stock with fixed guns, I’m thinking they made it pretty maneuverable.

I adore the S3 radar in such a small package and the 4xS2 shields. I think I need an ES as a daily driver. Something to pry my fingers off the Vanguard and 400i. I do wish the ES had another S2 cooler.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well if you look at the size of the Zeus II you'll find that it is about as wideas a Freelancer MAX and as long as a Valkyrie, though shorter than the Spirit.

Zeus+CO.png

I think that gives us a pretty good idea about how fast and nimble it's going to be.
A lot more mass than the Vanguard or the Cutty Blue to move around so "nimble" will be only in relation to ships its own size.
I reckon it's going to fly pretty well in athmosphere though.
But even if the MR gets supercharged engines like the Blue the only result will be a higher SCM speed.
That being said the Zeus MK II MR can stopp all of the ships up there dead in their tracks if it gets the drop on them.
As for being stealthy about it... once it's in the game we'll see.
Stealth gameplay, not just the ship. ;-P

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well if you look at the size of the Zeus II you'll find that it is about as wideas a Freelancer MAX and as long as a Valkyrie, though shorter than the Spirit.

View attachment 25135

I think that gives us a pretty good idea about how fast and nimble it's going to be.
A lot more mass than the Vanguard or the Cutty Blue to move around so "nimble" will be only in relation to ships its own size.
I reckon it's going to fly pretty well in athmosphere though.
But even if the MR gets supercharged engines like the Blue the only result will be a higher SCM speed.
That being said the Zeus MK II MR can stopp all of the ships up there dead in their tracks if it gets the drop on them.
As for being stealthy about it... once it's in the game we'll see.
Stealth gameplay, not just the ship. ;-P
If it's going to fly about the same as a Blue, then the question becomes what are the crew positions.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
If it's going to fly about the same as a Blue, then the question becomes what are the crew positions.
Let alone the Blue, if it flies like a MAX and still does well in atmo then I'm gonna get me a Clipper and never look back.
It's probably going to have a way better view from the cockpit and there's going to be exactly one crew position. Me at the helm an off I go! :-)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
For years, I'd claim that the ultimate "ship killer", was the notorious 30k. With the tech advancing & the damages of 30k happening being lowered in cost & frequency, I'd say that players operating ships beyond their capabilities, aka "Hold my beer & check this out" takes the lead. Cheers!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
aka "Hold my beer & check this out"
so you're saying that TEST Squardon is too OP?
That can't happen good Sirs.
Because no testified member of this proud community would ever let go of their beverage under any circumstance.
Come to think of it, half of my more glorious explosions happened because I got booze in my eyes. :thump:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
After the Q&A, I'm left wondering if the MR is worth it over the Blue. I don't know if the performance is enough to do the job, and it is a 3 person crew.

It's definitely prettier.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I say let's wait and see. when it's released, we'll play with it a bit and see for ourselves. then we can decide if we're for the Zeus MR or Cutlass Blue.
That is the current plan in this house.
Two unapplied CCUs, one for each of us. We might end up with one MR and one Blue (to go with our pair of Hawks) too.

IIRC the Cutlass is also supposed to get more rework than just Gold Standard pass as well.

And we need more information on where Bounty Hunting is going after Tier 0.

Way too many factors to apply the CCUs yet.

Forgot your password?