Well the Gold Standard Tali is in the 3.23.1 PTU.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Retaliator is gold standard. Now if I could find the light switches. :)

Not much has changed from what they showed us 3 years ago. The surprises for me:
  • No torp module in the PTU, yet.
  • HP are back down to where it should be.
  • It did not get Size 3 shields, but it now has 6 size 2 shields.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hey Rich how many SCU can it actually carry?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Dissapointing I was expecting over 100 on a ship that size :/

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Dissapointing I was expecting over 100 on a ship that size :/
The problem is that unlike some ship like the Starlifter or the Caterpillar that are basically an empty space, the Retaliator have very little space inside: it's all corridor with just the two bomb bay, (or should I say now, the modular spaces) as actual "rooms".

I honestly this is the worst cargo ship you could use considering the size/cargo ratio, at least as a full cargo set up, singular cargo modules could make sense if combined with some other module, like the troop transport to have the option for some addition ground vehicles.

Still I'm convinced that the modular technology should have been implemented at first in the Vanguard: mode module already in game and no need to a full update of the ships...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The problem is that unlike some ship like the Starlifter or the Caterpillar that are basically an empty space, the Retaliator have very little space inside: it's all corridor with just the two bomb bay, (or should I say now, the modular spaces) as actual "rooms".

I honestly this is the worst cargo ship you could use considering the size/cargo ratio, at least as a full cargo set up, singular cargo modules could make sense if combined with some other module, like the troop transport to have the option for some addition ground vehicles.

Still I'm convinced that the modular technology should have been implemented at first in the Vanguard: mode module already in game and no need to a full update of the ships...
It's not really a cargo ship. It's a warbird that can carry some cargo in a pinch. Best use is a high value cargo that has to get through, supplies for the troops carried in the dropship module, supplies going into a hot LZ. But cargo, for the sake of cargo, that is better served with a Max or a Taurus.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I like the glass looking in on the module, but IMHO, if they had gotten rid of both hallways and had you walk through the module itself, they would have gained a lot of floor space, which is a huge commodity aboard ship. As with the HH, I just can’t get myself to believe anyone would use such a wasteful design.

Oh well, I’m glad the gold standard pass is near. Will we see the Titansuit bays by Invictis?

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I like the glass looking in on the module, but IMHO, if they had gotten rid of both hallways and had you walk through the module itself, they would have gained a lot of floor space, which is a huge commodity aboard ship. As with the HH, I just can’t get myself to believe anyone would use such a wasteful design.

Oh well, I’m glad the gold standard pass is near. Will we see the Titansuit bays by Invictis?
Mmmmm....titansuit!!!! *drool*

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
That is one of the modules. The “drop ship” module has Titansuit charging stations, so we’ve been hoping to see the suits release with the modules.

The Titansuit may become one of the big sellers for the Tally as you can’t just stick them anywhere. Do try to stick one outside the Carrack med bay, as guarding the respawn point is key in repelling boarders.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I can definitely see a squadron of Tallys flying into a hot zone with some of them having cargo bays full of medical supplies & ammunition to restock the forces, others using the drop ship modules to ferry in fresh troops & the rest being loaded with torps to nerf large to cap ships that try to stop them with the turrets helping fend off the fighters.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I too am glad they didnt change the outside it looks damned awesome. Almost as awesome as gal gadot. My god gal gadot. mmmm. Hang on be back in a sec.

Anyhoo I am still disappoint as like said above the exterior is perfect but the interior of the tally was designed in the starfarer / freelancer era i.e designed by a total moron who had no clue about space ships or interiors or just common sense.

I am very disappoint that the gold standard was just a bit of a tart up and lick of paint rather than the proper interior redesign it should have been.

Meanwhile they are redesigning the 600i which is actually fine as it is let's be honest.

CIG hates tally for some reason.

Forgot your password?