A crew recruitment section?

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
I was kind surprised to see that there isn't any sort of recruitment sections for the crews of ships, I'm sure there are plenty of captains out there looking for a crew and I'm sure there are also plenty of fantastically alcoholically able potential crew members looking for a fearless captain to lead them through the 'verse, so why not have a dedicated forum section for ship crew recruitment?

Reactions: RipVanDan

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I was kind surprised to see that there isn't any sort of recruitment sections for the crews of ships, I'm sure there are plenty of captains out there looking for a crew and I'm sure there are also plenty of fantastically alcoholically able potential crew members looking for a fearless captain to lead them through the 'verse, so why not have a dedicated forum section for ship crew recruitment?
I think the answer to that is the mumble program. When the game comes out or even in AC and you want to find testies to play with (phrasing?) you can jump on mumble and go.. YO who wants to play with me.. I have testies!?

For the more RPG oriented players (same crew same time same day everyday.... or also known as a fake job in a digital world) I'm sure the subsection for RPG will handle that....

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
I think the answer to that is the mumble program. When the game comes out or even in AC and you want to find testies to play with (phrasing?) you can jump on mumble and go.. YO who wants to play with me.. I have testies!?

For the more RPG oriented players (same crew same time same day everyday.... or also known as a fake job in a digital world) I'm sure the subsection for RPG will handle that....
I was thinking more before the game goes into beta, or even alpha. So that once it goes live there are already some organised crews and it isn't just one massive clusterfuck, I realise organisation is something that us as testies (heh) aren't exactly good at but it would save us from a massive "Pick me pick me" party once the game goes live.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I was kind surprised to see that there isn't any sort of recruitment sections for the crews of ships,
Step 1) Log into mumble
Step 2) Say "Hey guys, I need crew for the Idris
Step 3) Get 32 people responding to you immediately
Step 4) Go reek havoc upon the stinking enemy!

Advantage to being a large org, there are hundreds of people online all the time.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Step 1) Log into mumble
Step 2) Say "Hey guys, I need crew for the Idris
Step 3) Get 32 people responding to you immediately
Step 4) Go reek havoc upon the stinking enemy!

Advantage to being a large org, there are hundreds of people online all the time.

Step 5) Allow the ship to be boarded and fly it into the sun. Because that will teach people to not board our ships.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Yep, Russian here is already plotting world domination. It'll probably end up where each ship has a roster thread or spreadsheet, and the ship survey will be just a way to find additional crew(in general). If you wanted to apply to a specific ship, you'd go to the thread.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
And then there is also this:

http://www.starshipcrewconnector.com/user

Do to the obvious "testes" issue, I have gone with personally, and nominate "TESTBROS" as the actual Politically Correct thing here. Might be because I grew up on Beaches, and am generally regarded as a West Coast bum but "bro" is my go-to word.

Reactions: Macabre Poetry
Forgot your password?