Aegis War Pack - Updated

Vett

Space Marshal
Mar 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Vett
Is anyone else out there thinking about buying this pack?

I have commitment issues and have bought and melted more ships then I care to count. I recently melted my Anvil hammer pack to get the BMM and Defender pack as well as buy back my UEE exploration pack.

I'm looking at this pack and the discounts are pretty good but I don't know if I need 3 avengers and 3 vangaurds.

CIG keeps putting on new things and I can't help my self.

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
yo tell me about it, yesterday i went on a melting spree and picked up a Battle Pack. Then started nabbing upgrades for relatively cheap on the grey market to essentially build my own pack. I suppose you could do the same...

that really forced me to think of how i want to build the fleet and how can it serve me while still contributing to the org.

Now I feel like I have a sense of direction and purpose when CIG reveals new ships... for now.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm looking at this pack and the discounts are pretty good but I don't know if I need 3 avengers and 3 vangaurds.
Swapping the Avengers for more Vanguards would be attractive to me. I am hoping to own an entire wing of Vangaurd, including all 4 variants. I think you can fly sweet missions, even if you have to pay NPC pilots.

Trouble is, when you spend that kind of money you can just buy a Polaris, and once you start asking which you are better off with, it becomes very hard to answer. 6 Vanguard needs about the same number of PC's and NPC's, and the Polaris costs half what the Vanguards would. So before you can decide you need to ask which are easier to stea. . .I mean loan off others.

But no joke, 6 Vanguard will probably be much more effective at taking other ships intact, than would be a Polaris.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'm on the fence to use my RSI credit to secure one... I really don't know if it's cheaper to get this pack or pay a $8 to $12 surplus from the greymarket for each ship?? Because prices have increased, especially for the starfarer IIRC.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
If you already own all those ships then melting and buying this to consolidate seems practical, however having multiple variants of fighters is in my opinion not worth it. Get the Harbinger buy emp missiles and now you have essentially all three variants rolled into 1. The packs missing the Hoplite and Sabre comet. With the removal of $0 ccu you would be better of buying individual ships anyway.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Get the Harbinger buy emp missiles and now you have essentially all three variants rolled into 1.
The Warden has a bed. You cannot re-spawn in-situ without one. The Harbinger has room for more and larger missiles than any of the others. The Hoplite carries boarding troops none of the others can carry. The Sentinel carries EM warfare gear that is unavailable to almost all other craft. If you want all four of those capabilities, you have to have all four variants flying, or find a ship that includes them all, like the Polaris, or find another combination of ships that can do this, like the Prowler and Eclipse combined.

We do not know that either the Prowler or Eclipse will be able to mount an EM War suite, so probably the only alternative to a wing of Vanguard is a Polaris. However, the we know the Prowler has the empty room upstairs. No telling what we will be able to install there.

Forgot your password?