All for one and one for ...everything?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I wonder if you can have slaves manning your ship... NOT saying that's RIGHT or if it would be a good practice to have slaves manning say your Engineering... but hmmm.

Can see the Dread Pirate Roberts having a ship that the "weak/lesser" tasks are managed by internet.. RSI interns.. while the "officers" overwatch... mu-hahaha. Ha.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I know about the whole instanced thing, but even if you had an instance with only 6 people, 3 on a side, latency is still going to factor in. Someone whose ping is 20ms is going to have an advantage over someone whose ping is 200ms, even if it is a slim one.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I know about the whole instanced thing, but even if you had an instance with only 6 people, 3 on a side, latency is still going to factor in. Someone whose ping is 20ms is going to have an advantage over someone whose ping is 200ms, even if it is a slim one.
There's really nothing you can do about that besides making it a board game. Latency will always be a factor, games just have to know how to reduce said latency to the absolute minimum.

And besides that: if you're in the mountains of Siberia, you shouldn't be playing a game that requires good internet. At least not until google launches those wi-fi balloons.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Better buy that Gladius via package then, I need crew for my cutlass.
And if not confirmed you can always "gift" certain portions of packages later on (such as the game... give to a friend once game is released... ruin their life without all the needless pledging ;) )

Reactions: CrashMan054

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Do standalone ships come with NPCs, or is it just packages?
packages only. each game package counts as one "character slot". Each slot can be used as an NPC when you aren't playing as them.

This is all based off info from old 10FTC episodes.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I was told that you cannot break up packages and sell just parts of them, though I am not sure that whoever it was who told me is necessarily an authority on the subject.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
And if not confirmed you can always "gift" certain portions of packages later on (such as the game... give to a friend once game is released... ruin their life without all the needless pledging ;) )
You cannot split up a package for gifting. Once the game launches, you *can* sell/gift the ship included in it, but you will not be able to gift just the game access and keep the ship.

Forgot your password?