Alternative boarding method

Achlys

Lieutenant
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Achlys47
This is a coalition of ideas between myself and my friend Ictoan, as he's known on here. Generally we know that boarding is going to be a large pain in the arse. However, with the inclusion of boarding pods it could be more feasible or at least easier to disable larger ships. The idea is that you can launch a small one time use pod that fits 2-3 people which you land on the hull of their ship. Once you do so the pod melds to the outer hull and is unable to use its thrusters. You then use the laser cutter on the pod to make your way to a hallway, depending on how well you know the ship you're boarding you may hit one before your pod runs out of energy and then you're out of luck.
Due to the small amount of people you will very unlikely be able to take over a ship but you may be able to cut power or take out some other system and wait until reinforcements arrive before venturing forth. If you are cool with more than 4 friends you can send out several pods. If you are really cool you can send out those pods while undetected to perform a stealth mission to disable them before they know what is happening.

Reactions: Stalinator

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
...nope, I failed my read check here. Anyone roll higher than I did?

Reactions: honcho12 and Achlys

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
This is a coalition of ideas between myself and my friend Ictoan, as he's known on here. Generally we know that boarding is going to be a large pain in the arse. However, with the inclusion of boarding pods it could be more feasible or at least easier to disable larger ships. The idea is that you can launch a small one time use pod that fits 2-3 people which you land on the hull of their ship. Once you do so the pod melds to the outer hull and is unable to use its thrusters. You then use the laser cutter on the pod to make your way to a hallway, depending on how well you know the ship you're boarding you may hit one before your pod runs out of energy and then you're out of luck.
Due to the small amount of people you will very unlikely be able to take over a ship but you may be able to cut power or take out some other system and wait until reinforcements arrive before venturing forth. If you are cool with more than 4 friends you can send out several pods. If you are really cool you can send out those pods while undetected to perform a stealth mission to disable them before they know what is happening.
Or you can just buzz them in a retaliator and have a bunch of boozed up assholes leap bodily onto their ship from your bomb bay.

Reactions: SPRNinja

Ictoan

Captain
May 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Ictoan
Well, my thoughts were that if not manually controlled by a pilot, it would be an interesting NPC enemy tactic. Ie some enemy species that comes into play further down the road. Nothing too relevant to current developement, but without an actual game to play and such a promising open universe, my imagination tends to run rampent. Maybe I just watched Alien/The Matrix too much as a child.

Reactions: Achlys
Forgot your password?