Always got killed :-(

MiLe69

Lieutenant
Aug 23, 2016
RSI Handle
MiLe69
Hi There,

I'm a little frustrated...

In EA I'm quite good and make it to Wave 13-18 all the time.

But in the Universe, I always got killed by two pirates on my regular "Repair..." Missions in my Aurora LN.

Is this normal...should I always flee if I see some pirates?

Cheers,
MiLe...!

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
well ive learned that they are just more annoying the more people jump to one area. Realistically they are dumber then the vandul in EA. id say i get killed more often by ridiculous bs like them suddenly stopping when im chasing them down, making the mistake staying still and pelting them when it looks like they are just not moving, or lag where it seems like they arent shooting but they are and you all of the sudden take all the hits at once when the server catches up to whats going on.

Either way in IDEAL situations in a good ship with a decent load out they are a joke.

now if you are going at them with like say an Aurora MR with Stock lasers, Stock shields, and no missiles. Its prob gonna be harder

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hi There,

I'm a little frustrated...

In EA I'm quite good and make it to Wave 13-18 all the time.

But in the Universe, I always got killed by two pirates on my regular "Repair..." Missions in my Aurora LN.

Is this normal...should I always flee if I see some pirates?

Cheers,
MiLe...!
No, strafe, strafe, strafe. Don't go onto them straight forward!

Deutsch: in einer Aurora hast du wenig Chancen allgemein. Wichtig ist hier auszuweichen, da insbesondere die Piraten in ihren 300er Maschinen dickere Panzerung haben als in Vanduul Swarm. Daher möglichst strafen, also seitwärts fliegen und gleichzeitig draufhalten. Dann sollte es mit ein wenig Übung klappen ;)
P.S.: sicher, dass dir kein menschlicher Gegner einen "Scherz" erlaubt und dich unbemerkt nebenbei aus dem Verse pustet...?

Okay, back to english language. Everything's okay, guys. I just told him that he has to crash right through the pirates and everything should be fine for him :D

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp

Deutsch: in einer Aurora hast du wenig Chancen allgemein. Wichtig ist hier auszuweichen, da insbesondere die Piraten in ihren 300er Maschinen dickere Panzerung haben als in Vanduul Swarm. Daher möglichst strafen, also seitwärts fliegen und gleichzeitig draufhalten. Dann sollte es mit ein wenig Übung klappen ;)
P.S.: sicher, dass dir kein menschlicher Gegner einen "Scherz" erlaubt und dich unbemerkt nebenbei aus dem Verse pustet...?

Okay, back to english language. Everything's okay, guys. I just told him that he has to crash right through the pirates and everything should be fine for him :D
awesome i can practice my german now. Das is super toll!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
You are not forced to be active in only one community. Speaking for myself, my main org is TEST, but I'm also active at star-citizens[dot]de (German SC HQ), which is a good mix: I'm always having a buddy online, and sometimes its also good to have someone to chat with in native language ;)
Hopefully my thoughts and hints are helpful for you.
Cheers!
Sam

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG

awesome i can practice my german now. Das is super toll!
oder sehr langweilig :/, Danke, dass Sie mich daran erinnern an zu schule :(

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The AI gets a little more interesting in the PU, but you will learn how to get them eventually.
This is true.

You are not forced to be active in only one community. Speaking for myself, my main org is TEST, but I'm also active at star-citizens[dot]de (German SC HQ), which is a good mix: I'm always having a buddy online, and sometimes its also good to have someone to chat with in native language ;)
Good for you.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I have to agree with Sam on the strafe issue.
Pirates try to ram you constantly and a bit of left or right strafe will make them miss. Turn and blast them.
Repeat as often as required.
Warum post ins Deutsch wan diesen OP' post ist in English?
Translation: Strafe the snot out of them.

Forgot your password?