An Xmas gift fit for a TESTie

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Im starting to wonder if my family think i have a problem after my brother and sister-in-law got me this. But many glorious beers will be drank, auroras will be crashed, planets will explode and the enemies of TEST will stand while we kneel before them vomiting.

Although it takes roughly 2 weeks to make 23L of beer, im not sure if supply can keep up with demand.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Welcome to a hobby and past time that will consume many of allocated dollars and will have you wondering HOW to get empty beer bottles....

When you graduate from that kit let me introduce you to my favorite (not the only one.. but my main goto) for all thing brewing:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/

Also before you EVER spend any money into brewing equipment check craigslist first. Always some sorry husband who purchased hundreds of dollars into brewing setups only to find out they do not have room for it or the wife simply says: I don't like the smell of it.

And first lesson for you to learn.. clean and slow is the only way to make beer. One little mess up can ruin a batch of beer and also your future aspirations as a brew-meister! Welcome young padawan.. show me these computer things and I will show you BEER... and wine.....

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Until you realize you have five gallons of beer and only 24 bottles ready..... It's the same problem for anyone who reloads ammo. You want to collect brass or bottles before you get into the hobby of making beer or reloading.. and if you don't you either binge drink, waste beer (end yourself if you do this), or buy bottles from a brew shop..... or go big or go home and just go straight to keg.

Reactions: SPRNinja

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
My younger brother bought my dad one of these for christmas.

I'd love to homebrew scotch. Call me a heretic, but I'm not really a fan of beer, though I'd be willing to give the homebrew kit a try.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Thanks all for the advice :)
I used to make spirits (my old flat had a still) and so I remember some of the rules like extreme cleanliness. My local homebrew shop sells cappable glass bottles, in sets big enough for a brew, unfortunately since im still posted in a different town until February my first brew will have to wait, but all advice is appreciated :)

Also if someone could send me a TEST bottle lable design id be greatful ;)

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
My younger brother bought my dad one of these for christmas.

I'd love to homebrew scotch. Call me a heretic, but I'm not really a fan of beer, though I'd be willing to give the homebrew kit a try.
Mate I can forgive you... I love my scotch, you csn make whiskey pretty eady, even stuff that tastes likr scotch, but trew scotch takes s decade or more to make ;)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
When I don't have to be able to load everything I own into the back of a Honda Civic every year or so, I'll be ready to try home brewing. Til then, I'll just keep on supplying empty bottles.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Mate I can forgive you... I love my scotch, you csn make whiskey pretty eady, even stuff that tastes likr scotch, but trew scotch takes s decade or more to make ;)
Definitely drunk--a true Testie~

Honestly homebrewing anything would be awesome. @AntiSqueaker I'm very jealous.

I might make a label design some time, but I'm not sure my photoshop skills are good enough. I'll still probably sketch something anyway for someone, if not myself, to use.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Thanks all for the advice :)
I used to make spirits (my old flat had a still) and so I remember some of the rules like extreme cleanliness. My local homebrew shop sells cappable glass bottles, in sets big enough for a brew, unfortunately since im still posted in a different town until February my first brew will have to wait, but all advice is appreciated :)

Also if someone could send me a TEST bottle lable design id be greatful ;)
If you were in the Virginia Beach area when I return I could give you a couple stacks of wooden crates filled with bottles... gotta get rid of some of my empties when I get back....

And if you end up going the way of drinking your way to empties... Sam Adams if the easy and cheap way to capable bottles.

Good luck and may the beer gods smile upon your endeavor!

J. L. Wolf

Space Marshal
Dec 22, 2014
RSI Handle
J_L_Wolf
As soon as I have a house with a basement, I'm going to start home brewing.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I am willing to put my name into the hat for official TEST home-brew sampler and bottle emptier.

Please send me full beer bottles, and I will dispose of said beer in an eco-friendly manner, and pass along the empty ones to our homebrewers via my secret transportation network of trained hamsters.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Lol you all need to recall im a kiwi, so your network of hamsters may need laser beam sharks

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
This is where we substitute the liquid tanks of my Starfarer for the brewing vat, and just multiply all of the ingredients applicably.

Forgot your password?