FrellPumpkin

Lieutenant
Feb 8, 2014
RSI Handle
frell
Where you from stranger?
Near Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I do love SciFi as long as I can remember. In my childhood i was a huge Star Trek and Star Wars Fan. Later I got hooked to EVE-Online and played it for about 5-8 Years (on and off). I was a member of Razor and helped there a lot with the Industry and War Logistics. I did quit after the game somehow lost it's spark to me. It was awesome as long as it lasted, but it was time for something new. ATM i'm playing nearly everything (for example WoT) and are waiting for the next big space game. It looks like SC is going to be it!

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
A new fresh game with tons of stuff to discover, a competetive playerbase and freedom of choice what to do. So nothing special, I do like nearly all activities.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Civ 1 and Indiana Jones

What other games do you play?
Tons of Singleplayer games, World of Tanks (Active in the EU Rddt Clan)

Picard or Kirk?
Picard with Chewbacca as sidekick

Reactions: davidon

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
\o/ MORE TEAMSPEAK MORALE BOOSTERS :D

Welcome to TEST where we are true appreciaters of German Beer :D (seriously I loved it when I was doing a homestay at Stuttgart).

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST! You'll fit right in!

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
greetings :D

FrellPumpkin

Lieutenant
Feb 8, 2014
RSI Handle
frell
\o/ MORE TEAMSPEAK MORALE BOOSTERS :D

Welcome to TEST where we are true appreciaters of German Beer :D (seriously I loved it when I was doing a homestay at Stuttgart).
Thanks for the welcome, yes there are tons of good beers. I've just discovered this little shop here which is selling tons of beers from Franconia and Bavaria, I'm currently trying so many new beers every month, it's awesome. So far I mostly drank the more bitter one from northern germany. But to be honest the Czech and Belgians have some pretty good stuff too. What I do need to try one day is all this micro brewery stuff in the New World.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I do love SciFi as long as I can remember. In my childhood i was a huge Star Trek and Star Wars Fan. Later I got hooked to EVE-Online and played it for about 5-8 Years (on and off). I was a member of Razor and helped there a lot with the Industry and War Logistics. I did quit after the game somehow lost it's spark to me. It was awesome as long as it lasted, but it was time for something new. ATM i'm playing nearly everything (for example WoT) and are waiting for the next big space game. It looks like SC is going to be it!
I'm guessing if you were in logistics and industry you didn't do a whole lot of flying of big ships? I'm really fascinating reading about EVE, but I know I don't have the free time to play it. I'd love to hear about your experiences! I currently work 70-80 hours a week in lab as a grad student, so the temptation to play is there, but I know what would happen to my work ethic and sleep schedule if I got completely absorbed in a game, haha!

Picard or Kirk?
Picard with Chewbacca as sidekick
Excellent choice of co-pilot!

FrellPumpkin

Lieutenant
Feb 8, 2014
RSI Handle
frell
I'm guessing if you were in logistics and industry you didn't do a whole lot of flying of big ships? I'm really fascinating reading about EVE, but I know I don't have the free time to play it. I'd love to hear about your experiences! I currently work 70-80 hours a week in lab as a grad student, so the temptation to play is there, but I know what would happen to my work ethic and sleep schedule if I got completely absorbed in a game, haha!
Well, I had no capital fighting ships. For fighting I prefered the smaller Electronic Warfare ones and Logistics (Shield Boost and Amorrepair). Battleshipfleets could be fun to but normally would involve a lot of waiting. In the bigger ships you had to wait even more if you weren't in a small pirate corp which did things on there own and not as an Alliance. What I mostly did at the End was flying around in Jumpfreighters to get Modules, Ships and Ammo to the frontline, setting up staging bases behind enemy lines with a Blockaderunner and did run multible factory lines to produce capital ships. I never really liked the PvE Part of EVE. But there is more than enough things you can do to spend a lot of time (and have fun).

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?