Anthem game as a service abandons roadmap.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
This is one of the titles I am glad I had a subscription service to at the time, spent $15 for EA Access and got about 10 hours into Anthem before I saw the writing on the wall. Sad thing is, the controls and atmosphere of the game were great, but story fell fast after the really repetitive mission styles.

Reactions: PeppaPigKilla

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Sad thing is, the controls and atmosphere of the game were great, but story fell fast after the really repetitive mission styles.
Yeah, they nailed the environment and the movement. They missed out on creating a more compelling antagonist.

Sometimes a game introduces a bad guy so well, you just want to play through to kick his ass at the end. In Anthem, that was not the case.

Reactions: Bambooza

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Yeah, they nailed the environment and the movement. They missed out on creating a more compelling antagonist.

Sometimes a game introduces a bad guy so well, you just want to play through to kick his ass at the end. In Anthem, that was not the case.

Far Cry 3 threw me for such a loop at the end, I might just have to fire that one up for fun!

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
For me the biggest disconnect was BioWare, and just how bad the story really was. The grinding mechanic was not fun but if there had been a compelling plot-driven reason to do so then I could have stuck with it.

It was the wrong studio to develop the game, and given how bad the story elements were I won’t be buying anymore BioWare games until they’ve been out for a few months and the reviews have come in.

Forgot your password?