Anvil F8A Lightning

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All,

I've been to Intergalactic Aerospace Expo in Lorville today. Checked the Anvil Aerospace showroom. Inspected the Valkyrie in detail (it actually has a small window in the cockpit floor so that you can see where you land), checked the Hawk (pretty cool looking), took the Arrow for a fly (looks cool, but surprisingly I've got a Terrapin feeling while flying it - feels very similar in speed and maneuverability), checked the legendary F7A (wish I could have the same +1 up size guns in Super Hornet).

However, the most impressive thing has been humbly hiding in one of the far corners of the showroom. The F8A Lightning. I've seen some old stats where it's classified as a medium fighter, and I've read some info that it's been a competitor with Aegis Sabre for a new UEE Navy contract to retire F7A (and won it). But... looking at it now... it seems somewhat... massive... for a medium fighter, more like a heavy fighter (read that somewhere as well). I've taken a walk around... it seems like this bird has 12 main thrusters (or 3 with 4 exhausts each), size 3 - 5 missiles, 8 guns of size 3, 4 and 5 (2 are on a turret, but the rest not sure if gimbaled or not). The hull looks pretty thick, so should have enough internal volume, - interesting if there is any room inside, or if it's all systems and thick (and tough as anvil) armor (and also old stats say it has 4 shield generators).

Check this thing out - looks more like a competitor to Aegis Vanguard than to Sabre. Tried searching for any reliable info on it, coudn't find anything recent. Have you come across any reliable recent info in this ship (stats, etc)?

The only thing that makes me sad is that you will most likely get size-1 guns and nerfed components for a civilian version F8C. You can immediately see the difference when you look at F7A and F7C-M in the same showroom, - the Super Hornet looks larger and meaner, but the guns are much smaller than on the F7A. The SH in comparison looks like a big bodybuilder dude with small ... arms...

Anyway, below is the hero of this thread (and people nearby for size comparison).

ScreenShot1066.jpg

ScreenShot1068.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The only thing that makes me sad is that you will most likely get size-1 guns and nerfed components for a civilian version F8C.
There is no civilian version. You can't buy the F8. The only way to get one is play Sq42 through and unlock it, or steal it from someone who has. Not for sale in SC.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
There is no civilian version. You can't buy the F8. The only way to get one is play Sq42 through and unlock it, or steal it from someone who has. Not for sale in SC.
Or pay a ridiculous amount (you get an F8C for spending $10000, and a gold trimmed one at $25000)

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
uhh, F8C man. C stands for Civilian. For Wing Commanders that spend 10K and earnable by playing Sq42.

Reactions: SpudNyk
Forgot your password?