Any Images of Freelancer Variants

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Got the Freelancer waaaaaaay back when, and when the variants were revealed, I recoiled in horror at the enormous chin-boobs of the DUR. I really want to explore in the SC 'verse but I can't get past those protruding ...THINGS. (boobs, high-hanging testes, hull camel-toe?) Kept my Lancer as a ship for trading and smuggling, but as for exploring solo, I went with a 315P (huge compromise).

I really like the re-design of the base Freelancer, but I have yet to see any design ideas for the variants. Has anyone seen or heard anything? Can anyone confirm that the designer that came up with that idea was sacked a long time ago and so was that design?

Please help. I want to explore with a large ship that I can handle by myself if need be. I don't want to be reduced to serving aboard a Carrack with some of you..... No offense.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I bought a Freelancer MIS

i am dying to know what it looks like

It's gonna be a missile-spewing beast

I just hope it looks the part

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Chin boobs! That's the first thing I thought when I saw that magnificent DUR in my hangar! I promptly named her the Kate Upton, and if we're ever allowed to personalize our ships, the first thing I'm doing is painting a lacy black Victoria's Secret push-up bra on that thing! I say embrace the chin boobs!

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
I thought they were balls added so that it could carry more able bodied seamen....

Reactions: Blind Owl

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
The curvaceous front of the DUR could be likened to the figurehead at the prow of a pre-spaceflight sailing ship. To lose this would be to lose a link to our past.

Bah I come out with some crap sometimes. I think the DUR is like Marmite. You love it or hate it with not much in the way of middle ground. Personally I am in the love it camp, though that is more to do with the overall 'steel plate construction' appearance, but I find the front more as something giving the ship character than a negative.

I did look for anything in text or image that might indicate the direction of any planned changes, but no joy.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I need to get the Freelancer MIS now.... But I just have Super Hornet/Gladiator to Freelancer MIS CCU.... waititng for one of that two ships to come back for sale and ccu to get a MIS LTI.....

If anyone have a Taurus to any of that ships CCU for unmelt or something I'm interested

OK Now I'm the owner of a Freelancer MIS

Last edited:
Forgot your password?