Anyone else with a 325a who has tried the weapons on the 300i Trainer

What do you think of the 325a's Stalker Missiles?

• Total voters

Mr Fishcakes

Lieutenant
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Delicious Fish
Has anyone else here tried placing the missiles from the 325a onto the 300i trainer you get with the DFM? The Stalker missiles from the 325a don't seem to be anywhere near as powerful as the Marksman missiles that come on the trainer. I've noticed the Marksman is pretty much an instant, guaranteed kill. The stalker, on the other hand, is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. The lock-on time is longer, and I'm assuming it is because they are Optical Guidance missiles, in which case they should be a bit smarter than the other missiles; unless I am completely wrong.

ALSO, the front cannon on the 325a kicks serious ass. Well worth trying out.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Don't own the 325a (300i subbing for my Avenger), but I can confirm that the Neutron guns on the Hornets nose do 0 damage, for me at least.

I'd be surprised if the 325a missiles were really coded as properly as the 300i missiles.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Has anyone else here tried placing the missiles from the 325a onto the 300i trainer you get with the DFM? The Stalker missiles from the 325a don't seem to be anywhere near as powerful as the Marksman missiles that come on the trainer. I've noticed the Marksman is pretty much an instant, guaranteed kill. The stalker, on the other hand, is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. The lock-on time is longer, and I'm assuming it is because they are Optical Guidance missiles, in which case they should be a bit smarter than the other missiles; unless I am completely wrong.

ALSO, the front cannon on the 325a kicks serious ass. Well worth trying out.
I watched a video on the SC subreddit that was about just this issue. They said exactly what you just said.

I almost want to upgrade my 300i to see that Mass Driver nose cannon in action myself!

Mr Fishcakes

Lieutenant
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Delicious Fish
I watched a video on the SC subreddit that was about just this issue. They said exactly what you just said.

I almost want to upgrade my 300i to see that Mass Driver nose cannon in action myself!
The mass driver is a beauty; although I have a feeling the ammo cost might get quite steep, as it is very possible to miss. Landing a hit does a substantial amount of damage though.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
The mass driver is horrible. Its relatively useless.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
LIAR.
It's just not a great long range weapon. if you wait until you get a decent firing solution at shorter ranges, that mass driver is a vanduul-eating monstrosity. Combined with the Omnisky IV's, you can 2 or 3 shot a scavenger almost every time.

I had a 325a before i upgraded to hornet. From my experience like 2 hits of the mass driver down the shields of a scythe, another 2 hits with the dual omnyskies and they're kill. "Hitting" is the key word though, slow rate of fire and projectile speed make the weapons kinda difficult to use. Getting in close to guarantee hits might be a problem seeing how the 300 series seems to be quite fragile. Other than that, the missiles seem to have a high tracking precision, the hornet's missiles miss far more often and appearantly do less damage. From that i would think that the 325a is kind of a "space shotgun" while the hornet is more of a "space smg". I would assume that, if you hit every shot while evading enemy fire, the 325a is a more potent close range fighter, if you miss or are at a higher range, however, you'll probably be at a disadvantage.

Daproximus

Lieutenant
Jun 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Daproximus
i own a 325A and weird thing is that before the DFM the missiles on my 325A were bigger. just fitted the mount.now after the module they are much smaller. i fitted the missiles on the 300i and yeah they were crap. so fitted the 300i with the normal weapons it comes with again.
Probbebly a bug..

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
How do you change out weapons on the ships? I know the interface in the hangar is where you do it but can't figure out how to navigate it.

Mr Fishcakes

Lieutenant
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Delicious Fish
How do you change out weapons on the ships? I know the interface in the hangar is where you do it but can't figure out how to navigate it.
You should be able to hit tab to bring your cursor into view. Then, you just drag the interface about a bit and add and remove modules as you like. Hitting tab again will hide away your cursor.

Reactions: UbEcLoWn
Forgot your password?