Anyone have a link to the new high-end package comparison chart/spreadsheet?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
It's the newer one that came out after the new high-end game packages were released that showed approximate value versus cost.

I'm trying to see if melting a bunch of my individual ships to get a War Pack would be worth it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Is it really worth it to all variants of the Auroras, Mustangs and 300 series?

The only thing that makes the War Pack worth are the $300+ value ships.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I remember doing the math one night.

It came out to about the same cost as buying all ships individually. You save a bit with the large pack because of the extra UEC, posters, and skins. However would you really buy all that stuff anyways?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I suppose the downside would be that I'd lose a lot of game packages associated with individual ships, but I'd gain a lot of individual ship types that I don't have, like some of the Auroras, the rest of the Constellation series, etc.

That's why I'm looking for the spreadsheet just to see what's what cost vs. value. It was pretty succinct from what I remember.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
However would you really buy all that stuff anyways?
I actually already have them all, save for the new buggy skins. They said they may allow us to melt those in the future, which you cannot currently. That would need to become available before I really consider the Great Melting to get the War Pack.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
but I'd gain a lot of individual ship types that I don't have, like some of the Auroras, the rest of the Constellation series, etc.
Will you ever use all the Auroras?

Will you ever use a Constellation Taurus if you have the Banu MM?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_AQy_zMfA339BH1OD8vglRMEL70T72TrZNzGI1smVE/edit?usp=sharing
(Credit: DanRedda on RSI Forum)

Looks like the War Pack is undervalued by about $300, so that is a plus. However, it occurred to me that I couldn't melt my one physical package, a Rear Admiral LTI, because I want an actual game box and stuff, so that takes about $275 out of the $300 savings and leaves me with one extra Constellation I can't unload until the game goes live.

Ah well, I have time and things will no doubt change even more closer to PU launch.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
are these internet space pixels over here a better deal than those internet space pixels over there?

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

if you're happy about funding the deveiopment of Star Citizen your money was well spent

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
if you're happy about funding the deveiopment of Star Citizen your money was well spent
Buying a $35 Aurora package is funding the game.

Buying another beyond that systemic of some illness.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Personally, I'm ecstatic about the new ship packages. They literally give me everything I want which is digital goods, and I get every ship that has thus far been announced with the exception of the Javelin, but who needs one of those when you have your own club?

Think about it in the future though, you have a friend who picks up the game and bam you have ship they can use that is brand new and fully ready to get into the fight.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_AQy_zMfA339BH1OD8vglRMEL70T72TrZNzGI1smVE/edit?usp=sharing
(Credit: DanRedda on RSI Forum)

Looks like the War Pack is undervalued by about $300, so that is a plus. However, it occurred to me that I couldn't melt my one physical package, a Rear Admiral LTI, because I want an actual game box and stuff, so that takes about $275 out of the $300 savings and leaves me with one extra Constellation I can't unload until the game goes live.

Ah well, I have time and things will no doubt change even more closer to PU launch.

If you contact Customer support, they might lump in the game box into a War Pack if you ask ahead of time. After all, you already bought it, ya know?

EDIT: Actually I think that adding in physical boxes to all the multi-ship packages would be a good way to "up" the value without actually adding much.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I think you can CCU the individual ships in the War Pack, so technically you can have all those upgraded ships with LTI, that comes with the package. Although it will cost you much more for upgrading all of them.

Forgot your password?