Arma 3 Exile Server

Are you interested in a TEST-branded Arma 3 Exile server, and if so, in what capacity?

• Server Admin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I know we have many Arma players here, and while the "Baby PU" is just on the horizon, I'm sure it'll be pretty repetitive and content-dry after two or three weeks (fully expected as it will take time to not only add more content but also more features like mining/exploration/etc.).

So, in the meantime I kind of want to spool up an Arma 3 Exile server! I already have a dedicated machine that's basically doing nothing and my business pays for it, so we get an awesome host machine for free (NFO Servers). Back in the day I also started, managed, and coded for a 400+ person Arma gaming community running two servers (Altis Life) at near max capacity (120-160 players), so I have some good experience running these things and doing custom coding.

Here's what I'm looking for:
  1. Is there any interest from our community in playing on a TEST-branded Arma 3 Exile server? You can show your (dis)interest in the poll above!
  2. Who of you out there have experience with scripting in Arma and/or serving as a server admin?
  3. For the staff folks, am I even allowed to fire up a TEST-branded Arma server? You guys ok with that?

Because the server is free, the server will be TEST-branded, and BIS's crazy new policies on commercialization of content, I don't plan on trying to monetize this in any way. If we did accept donations, they'd probably just go straight to the TEST community or something like that.

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
So... a week and a couple days later, the ArmA 3 dedicated server is fully up and running. It's running the Exile mod, with a few extra addons kicked in there to spice things up, including the Esseker map (a really cool, post-apocalyptic map), a NATO/Russian Special Forces weapons and vehicles addon, and finally some zombie action.

The server is named "TEST Server, Best Sevrer - Exile Esseker" and can also be found by remote connecting to exile1.testarma.com:2302. It's running on a real nice, dedicated machine, and has some custom scripting done to add to the already great mod.

I put this server up specifically so us TESTies can have some fun together, and hopefully shoot some people, so come on in and join the server. I'll give some sort of starter base package or whatever to each member of TEST that joins!

Finally, the following is a list of addons/mods that you need to play on the server. Most can be downloaded through the Steam Workshop, and the others can be found at the links provided. If you have any troubles at all, come find me on Discord after 7pm CST.
So once again. fire up ArmA 3, join the server, and come shoot people!

Forgot your password?