Armor Issues

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone seen a good vid on the various armors? I am curious to see a real test of the motion restrictions one has to cope with when wearing increasingly heavier armor. If someone here is able, if you could time how long it takes to run from one point to another with each sort of armor and with clothes, and look perhaps at jumping over objects like the rail in a staircase, these kinds of things would help everyone make better decisions about what to wear.

I haven't seen any stats on how much damage any given weapon will do, or how much protection each armor type provides, but it appears to me most of us who expect to shoot and be shot at, will want max protection limited by whatever we perceive our movement needs are. So exactly what sorts of movement do you sacrifice to wear heavy as opposed to medium, and medium as opposed to light armor?

If you are the intrepid sort of figure this out, just note you will get more accurate test results the longer the test track you run, and running around corners may indeed be important to dodging ability, etc. I can't do this test because I'm still on an iMac and unable to play at present.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I should note, to be really useful, it would be good to test each while carrying different weapons. IIRC, the intention is to have 3 weights of armor each with various motion restriction, and three kinds of weapons that also reduce motion. Carrying just a pistol is supposed to reduce your movement over carrying a carbine, and a full rifle reduces movement even further.

I think. It's been so long since I've heard about this I am unsure.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I may run some tests. Need an excuse to get into game and play 2.4, but I'm now unfamiliar with controls lol

Forgot your password?