Baldur's Gate 3!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Baldurs Gate 3 sounds like a glorius way to burn what little free time you've got.
Though what I'd really like to know, is anyone not rolling the Dark Urge Origin for his Character?
Because a lot of people seem pretty hyped about that one.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I have never played an RPG before ( not a top down view, turn based game like this) I like FPS games. It took me about three hours to get like it. 21 hours now and enjoying it. Its about relaxing and enjoying the story and characters. I wish it was First Person, I can see why it will be game of the year.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I have never played an RPG before ( not a top down view, turn based game like this) I like FPS games. It took me about three hours to get like it. 21 hours now and enjoying it. Its about relaxing and enjoying the story and characters. I wish it was First Person, I can see why it will be game of the year.
I grew up on the classic isometric style RPGs (Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2, Fallout, Planescape Torment) so for me BG 3 is really a lovely trip down memory lane. The scope, scale, and production values of the game has been for a lack of a better word, awesome. I really do hope they get RPG of the year.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
1702077057111.png

Told you so!

An obvious prediction so I'm not overly smug about it. If I after all these years am converted to this type of game, its a winner

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The person in this image in the furry whatever outfit, looks like she's severely constipated & needs to go, as well as just learned that she's not welcome to the after party.

Personally, I wasn't really aware of this "award" before this year & figure that like most of them it's biased in some manner or another either politically or ideologically.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
  • o7
Reactions: Blind Owl

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Dude went up in full armor to accept the prize was funny as hell. Sitting through 3 hours of the show dressed like that, now that's commitment lol But I guess he already knew he will be walking on to the podium that night.
Haven't played but watched some playthroughs as second screen, and it's a very impressive game. Act3 can get a little messy if you are not doing what they thought you would be, it was obvious that they ran out of money and or time by that point, and some of the very endgame felt not that well thought out (forced impossible rolls and such is just not classy when you look back at the whole thing). Still the Win was well deserved imo.
I just don't dare get into it, don't have the time, for now...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The person in this image in the furry whatever outfit, looks like she's severely constipated & needs to go, as well as just learned that she's not welcome to the after party.

Personally, I wasn't really aware of this "award" before this year & figure that like most of them it's biased in some manner or another either politically or ideologically.
That's Chrystal Ding, one of the lead writers. Dude in armor is Swen Vinke, lead dev and founder of Larian Studios. Hobbit looking dude is Farhang Namdar, world building director.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0uYhTLPGLQ&ab_channel=LarianStudios
That was meant as a joke based on her facial expression, but since you say that she's a writer, I'd love to see how she'd describe that face she's making.

Forgot your password?