Banu Merchantman

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
LOL you got it absolutely right!

Consider all the positive reinforcement you all get from the community because "you helped develop the game!" and it makes spending $180 feel like you have accomplished something really good!
There's also this element of we're all waiting on pins and needles for the game -- in large part because we've bought into the vision of the game enough to invest in it -- but we can't yet play it. So our way of prolonging the attachment and engagement to the game, short of being able to play it, is lusting after a new ship and (when our self-control falters) eventually buying it.

It's an addict's cycle, really. I'm sold on this game, and if they're gonna make me wait for the damn thing, by gum I'm gonna have to work hard to not keep buying more elements of the fantasy while I twiddle my thumbs.

Once the dogfighting module releases, assuming it's good enough I spend any time in it, I'm likely to be less tempted by buying new shiny.

Meanwhile Im at Walmart and cheaping out on the can of beans that cost 89c because last week it was 72c.
Should have bought low and sold high when you had the chance. For what it's worth, though, those beans are going for 98c over in the Rigellian system. How big's your cargo bay?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
LOL you got it absolutely right!

Consider all the positive reinforcement you all get from the community because "you helped develop the game!" and it makes spending $180 feel like you have accomplished something really good!

Meanwhile Im at Walmart and cheaping out on the can of beans that cost 89c because last week it was 72c.
I been on Halal food almost daily for a week.

Forgot your password?