Best Fighter for M/K?

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Have you ever put void armor on the tracker? I am curoous about the mixture between the Ghost nd tracker and whether such a thing is possible.

Unless you're flying a Vanguard.

Does anyone know what rigs and setups the top five pilots are flying?
Dont know about top 5 but best dps setup

F7C-M = 3 Broadwords + 2 S2 TARANTULA 870 - MK2 = 1400 Dps for the win Should be good for both PVP/PVE
Sabre = 4 TARANTULA-870 - MK3 PVE (1 shot cockpit 2 shot body vaandul dead) PVP too slow
Sabre = M5A Laser cannon (found only on Xi'an scout) + CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER or 4 Broadswords pvp/pve

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Have you ever put void armor on the tracker? I am curoous about the mixture between the Ghost nd tracker and whether such a thing is possible.
You can't swap the Ghost's armor currently. There was scuttlebutt on the forums about having this option, but I'm not sure if it is officially planned or not. I know you can put the storage box or the turret on the Ghost, but no way to put the void armor on a SH or Tracker at this time.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Thanks for that. No way to put the tracker gear on the Ghost? I know they want them to be separate ships so it seems likely they would stop us from doing that. That would make the Reliant and Turtle the main stealth trackers, and neither very stealthy. Could be the Herald will work as a stealth tracker, but that would be surprising.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Thanks for that. No way to put the tracker gear on the Ghost? I know they want them to be separate ships so it seems likely they would stop us from doing that. That would make the Reliant and Turtle the main stealth trackers, and neither very stealthy. Could be the Herald will work as a stealth tracker, but that would be surprising.
I've never had both the Ghost and Tracker at the same time, so I've never tried that. I would guess that the radar module of the Tracker would be interchangeable, but it would only be a guess.
The way they talked about the Space Turtle shutting systems down to get stealthier, maybe every ship will be able to mask it's presence to some extent. Of course, the ships designed with stealth in mind would probably be better at it and be able to keep themselves more effective while being sneaky.
One thing I did notice comparing Ghost to Sabre was that the Ghost could evade missiles better. This surely will change as the signature mechanics are fleshed out, but I found myself getting re-acquired as a missile's target often in the Sabre. In the Ghost, I could flare and forget easily.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Well actually I tried that a couple of days ago, and yes you can fit the tracker scanner module onto the Ghost. The scanner is not currently active of course, but this is a strong indication that we'll be able to sneak in and then light up an area when the mechanic is in place.

...it actually led me to upgrade one of my LTI tokens to a Ghost, which I then took into a PVP session and found to be surprisingly tough. So win/win as long as there's no sneaky changes forthcoming :)

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Void armour? I can't make any changes to shields. I've never heard of void armour.
Now I am confused and quite interested.
Ok it was answered earlier. It can't be done yet.
You can change most parts from ghost to Tracker for sure as I have done it.
I like the 20% more fuel on the tracker and the dark colour.
I am too cheap to buy an SH at this point and although I DO want one, I could never melt or upgrade my tracker. Never say never has merit here as well.

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Void armour? I can't make any changes to shields. I've never heard of void armour.
Not sure where it got the name "Void Armor," but it's called "Velvet Glove" on Ghost's stat page. At least I'm pretty sure that's what is being referred to (correct me if I'm wrong please). It reduces cross section, heat, and EM signatures dramatically.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Ahhh Beerjerker, thanks. Imagine how I formerly bought a ghost and never read the specs.
we'll have to watch for that as the ships get more finished.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Well actually I tried that a couple of days ago, and yes you can fit the tracker scanner module onto the Ghost. The scanner is not currently active of course, but this is a strong indication that we'll be able to sneak in and then light up an area when the mechanic is in place.

...it actually led me to upgrade one of my LTI tokens to a Ghost, which I then took into a PVP session and found to be surprisingly tough. So win/win as long as there's no sneaky changes forthcoming :)
I am extremely interested to learn all you can say about that combo. Is the scan slot S1 or S2?

This is perhaps the perfect carry along for the Polaris. As I noted the other day, the big torpedoes have very long tracking ranges, but much longer attack ranges, so spotting for a ship like the Polaris can give you an upper hand in firing huge hurt at extreme distance. S5 ranges go up to 50km, so if a stealth tracker can approach a target unseen, it can essentially call in artillery fire. Some missiles and torps are designed to drain shields, others are designed to spike. Given the 4 forward tubes launching extremely capable ordinance, the Polaris really wants to find ways to use that advantage and I can think of no more useful carry along than a Ghost Tracker.

Void armour?. . .I've never heard of void armour.
See the armor tab at bottom here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13LzkKzDOKIdrhwL5E2n2Co6THa74A2izxn8lykDuPAk/edit#gid=1648503317

and note line 8 (7th line down) says ANVL Voidship Armor. This is the armor on the Ghost--designed to take something like 30% less hurt, but to emit one half the EM, one half the IR, and one quarter the radar cross section. You can load a smaller (EM) and cooler (IR) reactor, and turn stuff off on any ship to be more stealthy, and you can load cooler weapons, but this armor actually absorbs incoming active radar pulses to provide a tiny cross section. Combined with other stealth measures it is the ideal form for a spotter for the big Torps on the Polaris. Just note for best results, you need to turn your shields off too, so you have unzipped your fly for the enemy. This kind of work is not for the feint of heart.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I am extremely interested to learn all you can say about that combo. Is the scan slot S1 or S2?
I don't think the scanner slot is sized like that. At least, not yet. It goes where the SH's turret sits, the storage box on the standard Hornet, or what is just called a "cap" on the Ghost.
Good idea about the Tracker Ghost with the Polaris, sort of like a spotter with a sniper.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
Here's my advice,

Drop the gimbals. Even if you find them easier to shoot with, they reduce the amount of turning you do, meaning a swift attack from tone or two Sabres on your six is a death scentance. Instead, arm yourself with heavier hitting, front locked weapons, or lock your gimbals just in case you need them. At the moment, the hornet has lost its edge to the much quicker, swifter sleeker sabre. However an in-experienced pilot flying one of these glass cannons might use it as a heavy attack craft and get pummelled in seconds. The sabre works well without gimbals, even in situations where you'd need them with the hornet. Due to the weapons being closer to the casais. But can't square up against a fire teams worth of fighters, or a light gunboat, unless you know exactly what your doing with the ship. Think of the hornet as a x wing and the sabre as the xwing. So it just comes down to personal preference

Reactions: marcsand2

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
In my humble expiernce try them all out before investing, unless you can blow money on all of them. Over the past two years I have tried all the fighters, but in the end I kill more stuff and have more fun in a Glaidus. I think it's the handling.

Even after the flight changes and a rebalancing they will make more changes and balancing. Find out what you like to fly. If you want to be in the best fighter you should probably buy the all cause it's going to change over time and situation to situation.

Forgot your password?