Best In Show skins - 1 pack per type or 1 per ship owned?

vahadar

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ok it seems they have started distributing the skins.

The thing is that i have 2 Carracks in hangar, but only received one 2950 BIS Anvil Carrack Gear Pack.

I don't recall it was specified if it was 1 skin whatever the number of ships you have or 1 per ship you own?

I have 4 Eclipse, 3 Cutty Black and 2 Valkyrie, so i am wondering. What about you guys if you own multiple ships?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Damn :) Thanks for confirmation @DirectorGunner

edit : received my Cuttie BIS pack, only one... So yes 1 pack whatever the number of ships you own per type...
Geez, that's a big fail on CIG's part, imo. They have to know that weirdos like us, who collect spaceships, have multiples and will want a skin for each ship!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Geez, that's a big fail on CIG's part, imo. They have to know that weirdos like us, who collect spaceships, have multiples and will want a skin for each ship!
Well if it was a pack upgrade I'll agree but since is a skin you can always switch it form ship to ship.

The greatest miss was not to seel the skins as solo: I understand that the goal was to "force" players to buy the entire package, but I bet a lots of people whouldn't by a 300+$ shiup just for the skin but they gladly spend 10$ for a limited edition skins. I'had buyed the Valkyrie skin as a stand alone if available...

vahadar

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Mmm i forgot to tell that 1 of my Carrack, 2 of the Black, the 4 Eclipse and the 2 Valk are all BIS ships. Maybe it is the reason i have received so far just 1 skin pack + helmet for the Carrack and 1 for the Cutty i had before.

But it is clearly written on the FAQ : "If you already own one of these ships, you'll receive the IAE-exclusive paint (and relevant wearable) on the last day of the Expo at no cost. To be eligible to receive the paints, the ships need to be in your hangar - having them in your Buyback List won't be granting you the Best in Show Liveries. Everyone pledging for a Best in Show 2950 ship during the IAE will receive the paint, too. "

From my understanding, the last sentence means, in addition to the BIS ship, or am i wrong? 😆

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

vahadar

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
1 pack per type it seems...
Ok some infos

It is one per ship :

And they will come in waves, takes up to 72 hours :

So i probably got the skins for my non-BIS ships (Carrack and Cutty), and will get the rest within the next 3 days.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Ok some infos

It is one per ship :

And they will come in waves, takes up to 72 hours :

So i probably got the skins for my non-BIS ships (Carrack and Cutty), and will get the rest within the next 3 days.
Don't give me facts, I want to be [OUTRAGED] lol

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Ok it seems they have started distributing the skins.

The thing is that i have 2 Carracks in hangar, but only received one 2950 BIS Anvil Carrack Gear Pack.

I don't recall it was specified if it was 1 skin whatever the number of ships you have or 1 per ship you own?

I have 4 Eclipse, 3 Cutty Black and 2 Valkyrie, so i am wondering. What about you guys if you own multiple ships?
I own more than one Cutlass Black and in fact made a purchase during the IAE based on the understanding that the New Black would come with the BIS skin available. My ticket says give us some time but still leaves wiggle room for only issuing 1 skin for each type unless the new ship was specifically the BIS (I did recieve an extra Eclipse skin). I purchased the eclipse through the BIS CCU ship of the day which was only available one day.

I also did not know those upgrades were "deals of the day" and when I went to grab another the next day - nope.

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Hello there Cromwell!

Thank you for letting us know about your 2950 Best in Show paint concerns.

Now that the IAE 2950 event is winding down, distribution has started. As long as you have one of the four winning ships (the Drake Cutlass Black, the Anvil Carrack, the Anvil Valkyrie, or the Aegis Eclipse) or a variant of these ships (such as the Carrack Expedition, the Valkyrie Liberator, or the 2949 Best in Show Cutlass Black), you should receive the appropriate paints as they continue to roll out today, although it may take up to 48 hours for this distribution to complete. Keep in mind that the ship must be in your active hangar; if they are in your buy back queue, you will not receive the paints.

It may take some time before the paint has been added to your account. I would advise to refrain from altering your pledge in any way until the 2950 paint is added to your account, just to be safe. If you've upgraded to one of these ships after the end of the event or upgraded before the distribution is complete, you may not receive the paint.

If you purchased one of the 2950 Best in Show versions of the ship and can not see your paint in-game: This is a known issue that is actively being investigated. We have received some reports that completing a Character Reset will resolve this as a temporary workaround.

I hope this helped to provide some clarification in the meantime, but please let me know if there's still additional questions or concerns I can help with.

vahadar

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Director, I have more than one Eclipse because I owned one already and the second was the "deal of the day" CCU. Then issued two skins. One in the form of the Pack and one embedded with the ship.
Actually you should have received 2 packs, one for the ship you owned before, and one for the deal of the day, in addition to the skin already embedded with the ship when you applied the CCU.

Check my first link above about receiving one pack per ship owned (including BIS ships, and excluding the embedded skins in BIS ships).

Also in the second link I posted you can read :
"Everyone pledging for a Best in Show 2950 ship during the IAE will receive the paint, too."

Lots of people like in my case, having previous ships and that got their packs. And having BIS ships but no pack, beside the embedded ones, when they told we would get the paint pack too if we have BIS ships.

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Actually you should have received 2 packs, one for the ship you owned before, and one for the deal of the day, in addition to the skin already embedded with the ship when you applied the CCU.

Check my first link above about receiving one pack per ship owned (including BIS ships, and excluding the embedded skins in BIS ships).

Also in the second link I posted you can read :
"Everyone pledging for a Best in Show 2950 ship during the IAE will receive the paint, too."

Lots of people like in my case, having previous ships and that got their packs. And having BIS ships but no pack, beside the embedded ones, when they told we would get the paint pack too if we have BIS ships.
Yes, the expectation was clear. If the reality turns out to be different I will not be pleased.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I still think my Pices should also have a skin, since it is part of the Carrack.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Yes, and I have one of each skin which are separate but not one for each of the BIS ships that I own. The only duplicate skin that I have is for an Eclipse which I bought as a BIS upgrade and completed the upgrade during the IAE. This skin is embedded with the ship liked other included items.

vahadar

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Yes, and I have one of each skin which are separate but not one for each of the BIS ships that I own. The only duplicate skin that I have is for an Eclipse which I bought as a BIS upgrade and completed the upgrade during the IAE. This skin is embedded with the ship liked other included items.
Problem solved, i got all my missing paints.
So it is 1 paint pack per ship owned, not per type.

Seems i have only one Carrack helmet in the end though i own 2 Carracks.

Happy ;) Now i can melt the BIS ships and make cheaper equivalent with CCUs ;)
Ticket solved :
BIS-solved.jpg

Reactions: Cromwell

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
Problem solved, i got all my missing paints.
So it is 1 paint pack per ship owned, not per type.

Seems i have only one Carrack helmet in the end though i own 2 Carracks.

Happy ;) Now i can melt the BIS ships and make cheaper equivalent with CCUs ;)
Ticket solved :
View attachment 19920
Yes same here. I am disappointed that they are not giftable and therefore I will not be able to pass them on to someone else.

Forgot your password?