Best Jailbreak Ride?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What makes the best jailbreak pickup ride? Anyone here who has done a jailbreak, what did you use for the getaway? What are the prime requisites? I keep seeing Carracks despite they seem ill suited to the task.

I'm thinking fast, quick loading, easy to handle in atmo, fast, maybe stealth, fast, and whatever else? Did I say FAST?

If fast is it, maybe small groups that deal with jailbreaks should explore using the 350R. Can one just run right up onto the cargo elevator, kneel and close up? How long will a player survive in space, in a cargo hold?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And here I was thinking it's all about style and statement. So either a 890Jump or Cutlass Black with the doors open so you can look out and show everyone that Yes you are leaving this place at a time and place of your choosing as that's how you roll.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
An ARGO Cargo, as that might be how the facility has its supplies delivered, so wouldn't be expected. It would also give it a single thing that it's good for since it might be able to drop down the shaft if that's still a thing based on the old escape from prison footage.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Shadow I think you might be taking this too seriously..

Having said that, the Carrack actually makes quite a bit of sense as there is a vehicle which can be stolen to assist in the escape that prolongs your lifespan on the surface.

Drive out, and up into the waiting garage.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Shadow I think you might be taking this too seriously..

Having said that, the Carrack actually makes quite a bit of sense as there is a vehicle which can be stolen to assist in the escape that prolongs your lifespan on the surface.

Drive out, and up into the waiting garage.
In that case, both a Carrack & a C2 / M2 would be ideal.

Another possibility would be a Max with several dragonflies that have a single rider to race over to the pickup spot, grab the escapee & zip back to the ship that could be waiting to launch the moment they're back. Smaller amount of shielding, but much smaller footprint to track as well. Damn, I never thought I'd be trying to imagine a stealth build for a Max to help people break out of space jail. D'oh!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
What makes the best jailbreak pickup ride? Anyone here who has done a jailbreak, what did you use for the getaway? What are the prime requisites? I keep seeing Carracks despite they seem ill suited to the task.

I'm thinking fast, quick loading, easy to handle in atmo, fast, maybe stealth, fast, and whatever else? Did I say FAST?

If fast is it, maybe small groups that deal with jailbreaks should explore using the 350R. Can one just run right up onto the cargo elevator, kneel and close up? How long will a player survive in space, in a cargo hold?
Currently you can't fit into the cargo bay of the 300 when closed, even kneeling. It all bugs out. I tried several times, mostly by accident cos it is so bugged it doesn't want to close properly and the button to close bugs out and the prompt to close mostly pops up when you stand on it. (keybind/cockpit button don't work either)
Know those small boxes you carry by hand on missions? Yeah those don't fit either, upon closing they fall through at best, usually through the ground as well, or blow everything to kingdom come at worst. Prone you can kinda fit, but it's still buggy and I wouldn't trust it to work at the moment.
Otherwise it sounds like a good idea, fast, flies well, should be good.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I've been curious about the elevators, since it sounds like the 400i uses 2 or 3 of them and thus has no ladder or ramp. Should be interesting to see what that's like. It should be higher off the ground so no kneeling to get underneath. I'm told the 300's are so low you can't even get a Nox under one.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Okay so, how about the Avenger Stalker? Blazing fast SCM and burn, big ramp, good guns and great stealth--small chips can't see it past 2.5 km. Easy to handle in atmo. . . The Stalker is significantly faster than the Titan, and quieter. Problem is limited range, but that just means oyu need to choose a slower Q Drive.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Okay so, how about the Avenger Stalker? Blazing fast SCM and burn, big ramp, good guns and great stealth--small chips can't see it past 2.5 km. Easy to handle in atmo. . . The Stalker is significantly faster than the Titan, and quieter. Problem is limited range, but that just means oyu need to choose a slower Q Drive.
All good ideas

Forgot your password?