Boarding Aurora: "Releasing" active pilot from duty

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
Hey all the TEST pirates & citizens who like to board ships without permission!
I have a technical question.

When doing FPS around Kareah security station / Covalex, one of the things I particularly enjoy is EVA-boarding ships of villains who are in the process of destroying empty ships parked outside of the stations.

While some ships are not yet possible to board (e.g. SH, Gladius), boarding of the other ships (Avengers, Auroras, and all multi-crew) is hard but possible while in EVA. So last time I was able to "quickly" board Aurora that was making circles around Kareah and shooting ppl & ships, I was not able to kill the pilot. Shooting a pilot through the seat does not work (neither with pistol nor with gun). So while trying to squeeze to the side of the seat to "see" a pilot better, I was simply ejected out of the ship :( That was really frustrating.

So, do you have any tips of how to effectively "release" Aurora pilots from duty while they are still seated? :D

Last edited:

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
Was most likely me in that aurora. My fav past time is blowing suckers out of karesh. BLACK FLAG
Nope, not you... I keep a "precious" record of my all-time-favorite pirates xD Though you are welcome to try whenever God of Instances brings us together

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
This has happened to me a few times. What you are doing is basically committing an act of piracy, and that is illegal so you should stop it immediately!!!....wait, what am I saying?! Good job and carry on! What I have found though is your gun won't work in this situation at all. Your only hope is if the pilot gets out of the seat to confront you or for any other reason, and you slip into the seat, then you now control the spacecraft. I believe that the ability for any kind of piracy has been completely disabled in this build.

Reactions: Daak Seed

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
This has happened to me a few times. What you are doing is basically committing an act of piracy, and that is illegal so you should stop it immediately!!!....wait, what am I saying?! Good job and carry on! What I have found though is your gun won't work in this situation at all. Your only hope is if the pilot gets out of the seat to confront you or for any other reason, and you slip into the seat, then you now control the spacecraft. I believe that the ability for any kind of piracy has been completely disabled in this build.
Good to know! I am so looking forward to having a boarding capabilities in the verse...

Forgot your password?