Breaking out of Prison with TEST Squadron

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
After attempting this once, I really do not want to do it again!

Looks like that is the entire idea behind prisons right? 😀

Reactions: Scape

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
After attempting this once, I really do not want to do it again!

Looks like that is the entire idea behind prisons right? 😀
Oh for sure and if you watched to the end you'll see how my attempt ended. 🤣
I will say this, I love that prisons are really making people re-think their actions in the game now.

Reactions: Scape

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Oh for sure and if you watched to the end you'll see how my attempt ended. 🤣
I will say this, I love that prisons are really making people re-think their actions in the game now.
Some, but by the same token there are so many bugs that can get you dinged for crime stat that is almost to easy to end up in prison. And it doesn't seem to matter if you die to security or a bandit or self-destruction you'll end up in prison if you have a crime stat upon death.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Some, but by the same token there are so many bugs that can get you dinged for crime stat that is almost to easy to end up in prison. And it doesn't seem to matter if you die to security or a bandit or self-destruction you'll end up in prison if you have a crime stat upon death.
This is true, now one thing I've realized is that I don't have a hard time avoiding a crime stat, at least I haven't lately. Now that particular incident was the result of a bug as you mentioned, a group of TEST were at SPK trying to clear crime stat and a player showed up, stole Khan's Prowler and began shooting at a Carrack we had there. I shot the Prowler down w/ my 600i, and would up with a crime-stat trying to defend one of our ships. Oh well it was still fun. :)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This is true, now one thing I've realized is that I don't have a hard time avoiding a crime stat, at least I haven't lately. Now that particular incident was the result of a bug as you mentioned, a group of TEST were at SPK trying to clear crime stat and a player showed up, stole Khan's Prowler and began shooting at a Carrack we had there. I shot the Prowler down w/ my 600i, and would up with a crime-stat trying to defend one of our ships. Oh well it was still fun. :)
The last crime stat I got was engaging jump and in the jump alignment process, the server decided that the police wanted to search my ship after I had just left the hanger at a space station (not an interdiction point like normal).

I've got a crime stat bump for obstructing a landing pad shortly after spawning my ship as I was waiting in the elevator to get to a freshly spawn ship.

And then there are the times when I deserved the crime stat bump like taking out the security force of the prison barge. Helping claim jumpers share the wealth or fulfilling a hit, because someone was willing to pay for it.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Not really actually...
Yesterday we ware having some bounty hunting in Hurston and we track down an evasive bounty, we end up having a CS2 do to the straspassing the prison area but when I got killed in the fugitive ship (after an amazing boarding action that take place do to the excellent pilot capability of @seriousseriouspunch ) I didn't land in prison...

I think that CS is not the driving factor for ending up in prison, what is important is the crime you committed: some like murder, destroing ship and so on have a prison time fee, other one like simple traspassing, even if they give you a crime stat, are simple administrative impound that just make you pay money.
Thats why event with a CS2 I was able to land in normal space port or city without any problem and I didn't have a bounty on my head.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not really actually...
Yesterday we ware having some bounty hunting in Hurston and we track down an evasive bounty, we end up having a CS2 do to the straspassing the prison area but when I got killed in the fugitive ship (after an amazing boarding action that take place do to the excellent pilot capability of @seriousseriouspunch ) I didn't land in prison...

I think that CS is not the driving factor for ending up in prison, what is important is the crime you committed: some like murder, destroing ship and so on have a prison time fee, other one like simple traspassing, even if they give you a crime stat, are simple administrative impound that just make you pay money.
Thats why event with a CS2 I was able to land in normal space port or city without any problem and I didn't have a bounty on my head.
Might be, I just know that getting killed even while having a med bed nearby and friends helping doesn't seem to matter. You either spawn back in the med bed or you end up in prison upon death.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Might be, I just know that getting killed even while having a med bed nearby and friends helping doesn't seem to matter. You either spawn back in the med bed or you end up in prison upon death.
From my understanding it seams that is a sum of different factor like:
- having committed a crime that is punish with jail time
- die in the presence of a bounty hunter/local security force/Advocacy/UEE navy/etc
- die in a monitor space

I think those three are the actual requirement, but I've no actual confirmation from direct experience..

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
From my understanding it seams that is a sum of different factor like:
- having committed a crime that is punish with jail time
- die in the presence of a bounty hunter/local security force/Advocacy/UEE navy/etc
- die in a monitor space

I think those three are the actual requirement, but I've no actual confirmation from direct experience..
That was my understanding as well but so far am not finding it to be implemented that way as of yet. The good news is I am getting good at doing my time and then logging after I get releaded as it typically leads to being spaced or a black screen that never loads anything.

Forgot your password?