Industry Calling all miners....

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
For those that are into mining or are just interested in the mining gameplay. I plan this week to go out a do quite a few mining ops to see what kind of values that I can get from mining. Currently the biggest haul I have got was from Cellin and was a 40% titanium rock. It was the first that I had ever seen with that quantity. When it was all said and done I had over 51% of my prospectors hold in titanium and it sold for just shy of 15k aUEC at PO. I have a running tally on what is the best to mine in a spreadsheet and would be interested in seeing what others have mined and where it was most profitable for you. If you might want to join but don't have a prospector have no fear... I have two XD. Also its nice to be able to have someone else in the party once I can find a good area for rocks to be able to jump back to that area. So yeah HMU if you want to join. Ill probably start Monday night after 9-10EST depending on what OPS are going on in discord when I join.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
For those that are into mining or are just interested in the mining gameplay. I plan this week to go out a do quite a few mining ops to see what kind of values that I can get from mining. Currently the biggest haul I have got was from Cellin and was a 40% titanium rock. It was the first that I had ever seen with that quantity. When it was all said and done I had over 51% of my prospectors hold in titanium and it sold for just shy of 15k aUEC at PO. I have a running tally on what is the best to mine in a spreadsheet and would be interested in seeing what others have mined and where it was most profitable for you. If you might want to join but don't have a prospector have no fear... I have two XD. Also its nice to be able to have someone else in the party once I can find a good area for rocks to be able to jump back to that area. So yeah HMU if you want to join. Ill probably start Monday night after 9-10EST depending on what OPS are going on in discord when I join.
Arial and Aberdeen both have some good mining areas, the problem being mining time is double and triple the mining time at Daymar. Partly that's due to the distance to get out of Hurston's atmosphere, and CIG seems to be adjusting the mining density around Arial. Also, that's what I was doing when I discovered you can land a prospector on a hanger wall. You just can't take off from walls very well.
As far as earnings, I think it's going to work out to about the same average you're seeing, but yesterday my first trip netted 35K, and though I didn't land on the rocks, they were both inside of 100 meters from where I landed. One was 5.2% Bexolite, the other was a titanium/taranite rock, with a bit of a risky profile. I was able to mine it fine. There is laranite too, but I haven't been able to mine it for a while because it's far too unstable.

Reactions: Mich Angel

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
I've found that the most profitable mat is Hephaestanite at 1484 per scu but I haven't found any large quantities of it yet.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Largest find I ever got so far was in asteroid field where I got a 100% pure load of Mixed materials no waste, this was in 3.5 so might have change.
But I got not much less couple times in asteroids around Yella and on on some of the moons.

So I don't think there is one specific great place to score a great hit, it is spread out pretty good.
IMO think it is more about your patience and perseverance to scan until you find a good one and not just pick the first you stumble onto.
Then of cause a lot a luck to, but with patience and persistence scanning and the odds are in your favor.

🍻

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
Mining seems to have gone down hill in 3.6. I use to be able to find good rocks full of Taranite on Daymar, but I can only find like 0.1% or less. I have however found 50% gold rocks on Daymar with smaller rocks becoming 100% after blasting them into smaller pieces.

Edit: I can't forget not to add the new bug where rocks will bounce around on top of one another than disappear

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Mining seems to have gone down hill in 3.6. I use to be able to find good rocks full of Taranite on Daymar, but I can only find like 0.1% or less. I have however found 50% gold rocks on Daymar with smaller rocks becoming 100% after blasting them into smaller pieces.

Edit: I can't forget not to add the new bug where rocks will bounce around on top of one another than disappear
I've seen @M1TH doing pretty successful in discord maybe both of you can share your experience. o/

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
I've seen @M1TH doing pretty successful in discord maybe both of you can share your experience. o/
I'd have to see where he is going for mining. I should clarify in that fact I'm bring back 8 to 15k profit every time. I just feel that the more pricey metals are less abundant. The prospector really need its ability to dump unwanted rocks.

Forgot your password?