Can someone answer some questions about the carrack for me

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
So I have it, well a picture of it... anyways. The only thing I know about it is it looks cool, has a bad ass cockpit, but now that I think about it I need to know more. Does it have a crew quarters, on the top is it a walking pad? Is the top a mini launchpad where you could land a small fighter on it? For forum purposes small fighter is the Hornet and possibly something like the vanguard? Does it have a cargo bay? Someone sell me again before I start dreading my decisions :(

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/carrack/Carrack

I think this is gunna do you some good.

On top is the landing hanger for the scout ship, which iirc is just going to be a small scout ship, not a fighter like the hornet. The three detachable pods you see here are where cargo is gunna be. These pods will serve different functions, such as labs and cargo bays ect. You can also see that there is a rover bay underneath and drone launchers up top.

personally this is one of my favorite ships, and i'd imagine once it actually hits the game it will be bigger than the specs sheet indicates.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
The ship comes with a Rover (not the ursa but one designed specifically for the carrack) and a snub ship (we know it's called the Pieces ((prob spelled wrong)) but have no idea what it looks like or will do. They have said it has a specific role that we will love but they have yet to reveal that to us), has a medical bay, repair bay, holotable, crew quarters, probes, cargo boxes that attach to the bottom, and is defensively focused. It has 4 turrets with just enough firepower to write home about but that is all and should boast a very strong tank. It is the same size they are making the new Corvette (the polaris) but a little smaller than a Orion mining ship. The ship's overall design is focused on exploration and defence with utility being a likely secondary area. The ship has a history of military service and the ones we will be getting are striped down military surplus versions. It also comes with a on board computer specifically set up to number crunch for jump point locations and mapping.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS PURE SPECULATION!

If you have and love the terrapin then the carrack is the terrapin's big brother. Also it is much the same as the Aquila tho supposedly much more capable albeit in a larger more expensive package.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Ah the Carrack. The most erection inducing ship in the fleet! If you have ever dreamt of sitting at the helm of the Enterprise, this is the closest you can get to it at the moment (purpose-wise). To boldly go...where few have the fuel efficiency to reach. You also get a kickass rover to drive around in, so you got that going for you; Which is nice.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I recently posted several infos in the Carrack-thread, as follows:

German language only:
Star Citizen Exploration: Anvil CARRACK | Showcase

Worth the time, very interesting infos.
What'd they say???
Phew, loooots of things. I try to write down some key aspects:

- is in active production phase and constructed/designed by Foundry42 UK; its their first multi-crew ship they are working on
- very tough structure because of her military origins, but with minor weapon capabilities and comfort
- Ursa Rover and, currently unkown, snub fighter for short distance recon flights
- optional: drone launchers; will be buyable as additional purchase option
- very efficient in the use of QF and fuel in general; kind of "independant", thus capable of "self supply" options and equiped probably with medical and repair bay; rumors say that she will be able to refine fuel for own emergency needs (not capable for doing that like a farer for instance)
- main competency is map star systems, especially unkown jump points or QT routes
- holo radar
- cockpit seats (3 x ) will move forward into the glas front (kind of "railing system")
- glas front can be secured by external metal plates
- the huge antennas and sensors are planned for 100% exactly leveling/adjusting/aligning the Carrack before jumping into an unknown jump hole; this for avoiding accidental/unplanned exits from the jump operation/flight
- modules are currently unknown; presumably there will be several different modules which will be buyable as additional purchase option
- the question is: who can afford a Carrack during live operations? She will be a highly cost-intensive ship which only can be operated with appropriate financial reserves of the owner. Perhaps there will be a reputation system: with a good reputation you perhaps can accept exploration jobs with a good payment (but which will be in non-LTI areas, I assume).
- Without jump-points there will be no sense in releasing the Carrack; therefore the team finally suggests that the Carrack will NOT be released with 3.0

Forgot your password?