Captain Marvel quick review/recommendation. All spoilers in OP hidden

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
See it, it’s good. Both my wife and I loved it.

Ms. Larson did a great job, and there are a lot of twists and turns in the plot that will keep you guessing or surprised. The other cast members also did a nice job of portraying their characters, in line with what we would expect from continuing characters.

Stingers in the middle of the credits and the end.

There are a few flashback scenes where people who want to see SJW could see them.

Yet, they are typically accurate for the time periods being displayed, and are relevant to character and plot development. They are also a lesson we typically teach to our children and applies to everyone no matter what gender they are/identify with, or where in the world their family tree reaches.

There is a potentially questionable song choice that some people will give as “proof” that this is a biased movie, yet I can see how the people who chose it related it to the above and again, it’s not a huge issue, just a fun song.

I personally don’t think there was an agenda. If there was, it was very deeply hidden in an entertaining film that shows a hero that happens to be a woman, not a woman being shoehorned into a hero role. (Think Wonder Woman as an example of the first). It has the good plot development that you would expect from a marvel movie, and you see and hear things that give relevance to some issues you might have been wondering about throughout the MCU.

I will be buying the Blu Ray and adding it to my collection.

Last edited:

Slacker

Commander
Mar 5, 2019
RSI Handle
Slako
Thanks for the recommendation CHeers

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I just saw it as well and I enjoyed it, I enjoyed almost all of the current Marvel movies, there were a few like Iron Man 2 and 3 which I felt were just ok but overall Marvel has done a pretty good job of keeping me entertained and coming back for more.

Forgot your password?