it's a little more up to date

I may be old but I keep up with the times

Wow :| This is terrible. :)

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
This is all old ass info and could change buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......
I'd been wondering about how easy differentiation between player and npc ships would be, which gets more complicated when it may be an npc ship that has hired a player(s) as crew. Maybe depend a bit on how good your scanning setup is. :) with the right tech, just gotta develop the right procedures. Maybe opportunities to bargain with the crew for a share of the profits and an agreeable drop off point.

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
I prefer to think of it it not as Piracy but as Freedom Fighters.
Helping to 'Liberate' those poor, over burdened NPC of some of their 'excess' cargo.

Sort of a 'Good Will' gesture. Don't you think?

TESTie Liberators to the rescue............
:grinning:

I like the spirit of that take, but in framing, uhmm justifying the action hhmm I thought that when we produced AI, we didn't strike a good enough bargain on behalf of humanity. After all it wouldn't have happened with out the sacrifice of millions of people, slavery even. And consciously bringing into being a consciousness that could function, in many aspects, better than us in our own world. Bottom line - humanity should be in for a percentage. I'm just collecting some back pay.
Hahaha self justification is one of the most cross platform applications that humans run.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
it may be an npc ship that has hired a player(s) as crew
I never though of it that way! Oh my god, the possibilities! I've always imagined players employing other players or players employing NPCs, but never the other way around. This will be awesome!!

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
In the early 60s, I used to 'hang out' in Hippie clubs reciting Poetry. (Yep, 'Ole Cosmic reciting Beatnik Poetry - TRUE)
Then the Hippie Revolution came and I was lost for a decade.
Note: If you all are not good TESTies, 'Ole Cosmic just might have to recite some of that Beatnik Poetry to you as punishment. :scream:
Hahaha, well I'm very glad I was a little behind the Hippie wave front, and that we stopped our conscription for Vietnam a few months before my birthday was in the lottery. I think heavy involvement in the trips of either would've rattled my brain loose. But I was able to enjoy the ground breaking of the former and the lesson I learned from the latter was, that a countries only real defence was its people, so funnily enough I joined up 1 1/2 decades later

we should form Geriatric Squardon
:) Oh no, variety is the spice of life

Well saying it's old news and it might change shore it might but not likely, as far as I know what is said is going to be unless something else is said to contradict that. ;)
And you are so right about everything else ;)

There seem to be somthing that slip some of your peps mind, to be a criminal a scum a dushbag or in some peps eye a greifer or the more glamorized version of the word criminal a PIRATE.
but still it is "persistent universe" meaning just because you log of your character is not all safe right away. it will be run by AI when you are offline for how long after log off............
It's more or less a matter of profitability Vs freedom of action, and we'll have plenty of time to experiment before the 'final' release.
CR has said that as long as you're well away from any potential engagement, that going to bed and logging off will remove your ship from game, which sounds like you won't be able to log off unless you're safe.

Reactions: CosmicTrader
Forgot your password?