Cat proofing a keyboard and TrackIR

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I built this a while ago (poor mans battle station) along with an updated TrackIR stand. If you can't weld, some high schools still have metal shops and you can have one made cheap.

No accidental keystrokes anymore. Well..... not completely fool proof.

It slides back for storage and a little velcro just holds it in place for easy removal when typing is needed.

Drill holes in cross bars and screw to bottom of desk. The fuzzy side from velcro attached to the inside slide will make the support snug.

If anyone is interested I will post more in depth instructions.
The TrackIR post just zip-ties to the monitor cross brace. It was just leftover material.

As a bonus..... A future project.
Make friends with the local police or their mechanic. These are some of the parts I stripped from decommissioned cruisers. The best part is that these are extremely well built. The laptop stand weighs about 20 pounds ( about 9 kilos ). I plan to use them to make a better sim seat than what I have.

The Warthog brackets are too flimsy for my taste.

I figure if I weld a frame together with the two large boxes in a u shape that rolls backwards away from the chair, it should relieve a lot of the problems.

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
NNNNNNnnnnnnice.
Had kind of something similar in mind. I think I might copy your layout.

How much did you spend for the monitor setup … ?

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I was imagining something like this

Rubber bullets, honest.

EDIT: oh, and on a side note, that is probably the sexiest system set up I have ever seen. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhnhnhnhngngngngngngn.

Reactions: Groundstain

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
NNNNNNnnnnnnice.
Had kind of something similar in mind. I think I might copy your layout.

How much did you spend for the monitor setup … ?
I lost track at $800.00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JG9RQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung/34926922

[EDIT] You will also need one of these most likely. Even though you have 3 outputs on your video card does not mean you can plug in 3 monitors.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ISVI3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
... am a couple of clicks short to press buy now on Amazon.
Thx for the info with the Dual-Link Adapter. That is something I would have not expected.

Last edited:

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
Just remember most brackets need to be modified in some way or another, unless of course it is specifically designed for your monitor. I had to fashion new ones for my displays. *[Thick] metal from A/C ducts are perfect for the job.

*edit, The thin stuff sucks.

Forgot your password?