CIG official response to some old (and not so old) questions

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I am still waiting for them to begrudgingly announce that you will only be able to have an NPC crew of 2 or 3 and watch all the large ship owners have a heart attack. I am actually looking forward to being crew on the larger ships, and I think is a big advantage of our org where we have not only plenty of potential crew but also lots of the larger ships.

Reactions: O-Lefty

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
I'm really curious to see the limitations of AI crew too

Unless your crew of humans is drunk off their asses (as in avoid hangovers for days at a time by staying drunk level of drunk) I think having a human crew will be far superior to having AI crew as I am betting CiG makes the AI crew something you'd only want to use if human crew were not available at the time.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

Unless your crew of humans is drunk off their asses (as in avoid hangovers for days at a time by staying drunk level of drunk) I think having a human crew will be far superior to having AI crew as I am betting CiG makes the AI crew something you'd only want to use if human crew were not available at the time.
I feel like you're saying AI crew is going to be better than a full TEST crew...

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting

Considering AI crew are going to be the backbone of the gsme, i would say thats unlikely to be the case.

The overwhelming vast majority of players are going to be solo players, even those with capital ships, and they have already assured the playerbase that AI crews will be eminently capable.

So, no, dont hold your breath.

Forgot your password?