CitizenCon 2954: Manchester, UK on October 19-20, 2024

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I regret to inform due to circumstances beyond my control a budget of ticket+accomodation+travel+food\drink coming to 1000+GBP I won't be attending this year's convention despite it being in the country I'm in.

Have fun all who can get there in person, maybe next time :glorious:

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I regret to inform due to circumstances beyond my control a budget of ticket+accomodation+travel+food\drink coming to 1000+GBP I won't be attending this year's convention despite it being in the country I'm in.

Have fun all who can get there in person, maybe next time :glorious:
Yep same for me - pricing is crazy for 2 days in a convention centre I'd rather spend the 1000 on a 10 day holiday somewhere warm and sunny :/

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yep same for me - pricing is crazy for 2 days in a convention centre I'd rather spend the 1000 on a 10 day holiday somewhere warm and sunny :/
I could have saved up a little pot with some advanced notice, but the month they put the tickets on sale was in the same month they sold 'em and I'd just a couple of days earlier donated a fair chunk to a family member to help out with car issues and other debts, so I'm just putting it down to the universe doing all it can to keep me away this year.

Suffice to say with omens like that I won't be entering any competitions to win a ticket if there are any! :glorious:

So here's an idea... who wants to book a village hall somewhere equidistant from all of us all and put on a coffee morning/mini watch party? We can have village fete games like Ring Toss and Splat The Rat, a Bric-a-brak stall and home-made cakes on sale for 50p a piece. It'd be like the TEST version of Drakes IAE Defence Con.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
So here's an idea... who wants to book a village hall somewhere equidistant from all of us all and put on a coffee morning/mini watch party? We can have village fete games like Ring Toss and Splat The Rat, a Bric-a-brak stall and home-made cakes on sale for 50p a piece. It'd be like the TEST version of Drakes IAE Defence Con.
Ooh a lan party! Good idea thanks for organising it!! I am in South Wales where are you? :D

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ooh a lan party! Good idea thanks for organising it!! I am in South Wales where are you? :D
Hmmmm, I'm in Lincolnshire which currently puts us somewhere round Birmingham way...? Depends where everyone else is from?

*disclaimer: my incompetence by far outshines my idea generation so this may not go well at all.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
My grand pappy from there I do the trip every now and again to see what's left of the family and then up to newcastle to see more family, I was hoping you were gonna say bristol or somthing :p

Forgot your password?