Completionists now granted one Javelin purchase:

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I don't even know what to say about this, how much more money can I spend on this game....

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Is CIG running out of money?
The ships keep getting more expensive and now they add things like this..

I bought 2 of the new Vanguards, but a completionist package 15k + 2.5k for Javelin is way out of my league for a game.
And to think the Hull-C series, Endeavor and Crucible is up next, ow god I need help !

October

Space Marshal
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Timestop
For some people,they can shut up and give their money to RSI at last,grats!

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Brutal, ain't it? ;)
It sucks because I want to see this game become a reality, I just don't know if I can convince myself to go the last step. I wish I had done angel investing back when this first came out. The fact that if you buy completionist you only get the option to buy a javelin is insulting though.

Reactions: Eliyahu

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I wish I had done angel investing back when this first came out.
I still remember going to the Wing Commander fan site and seeing a link to the Kickstarter. Went to the KS page, checked it out, then thought to myself, "Neat. I should back this. Maybe just an Aurora package or something."

Promptly forgot about it and didn't become a backer until November 2013. No golden ticket, no OB or VB status, nada. Given how much I've backed the game now, I kind of want to kick my own face in for forgetting to pledge super early. XD

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
It sucks because I want to see this game become a reality, I just don't know if I can convince myself to go the last step. I wish I had done angel investing back when this first came out. The fact that if you buy completionist you only get the option to buy a javelin is insulting though.
I don't think you have to worry about this game becoming real. And we should be able to leverage our position as a large org to help out members who aim to buy big ships. Really, if your purchase of a Javelin is what determines whether or not the project can continue, I have a whole host of doubts about what they've done with my money.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I still remember going to the Wing Commander fan site and seeing a link to the Kickstarter. Went to the KS page, checked it out, then thought to myself, "Neat. I should back this. Maybe just an Aurora package or something."

Promptly forgot about it and didn't become a backer until November 2013. No golden ticket, no OB or VB status, nada. Given how much I've backed the game now, I kind of want to kick my own face in for forgetting to pledge super early. XD
Found SC day 1 on KS then said eh, not sure if I want to take the risk, then walked away. It started making progress and I lack the cash, then I jump in at 300k citizen. FML

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Their strategy to steal $$$ amazes me...

17.5k for imaginary toys...

Might as well buy that $1000 Air electric guitar that's on sale on Ebay right now.
Its Compact, Lightweight, Music quality that is only limited by your imagination, unlimited color schemes.

GL Euro Buyers. you guys probably would have it around 20-21k-ish

Last edited:
Reactions: Farasalt

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Their strategy to steal $$$ amazes me...

17.5k for imaginary toys...

Might as well buy that $1000 Air electric guitar that's on sale on Ebay right now.
Its Compact, Lightweight, Music quality that is only limited by your imagination, unlimited color schemes.

GL Euro Buyers. you guys probably would have it around 20-21k-ish
errr how is that stealing?

They always said they wanted to limit certain ships so they were not a common sight in the PU, if someone is silly / rich enough to pay that much for a boatload of ship just to have to have the option to buy one stripped down miltary destoryer that has to have quite a few humans to operate. let them have at it.

Only large problem I could see is dickbutt getting their org to help 'fund' a javelin for Org use and walking away with it

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Ah let the rich guys have their fun, too. The rest of us can at least ride along as cannon fodder in their fancy planet size fleets.

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
errr how is that stealing?

They always said they wanted to limit certain ships so they were not a common sight in the PU, if someone is silly / rich enough to pay that much for a boatload of ship just to have to have the option to buy one stripped down miltary destoryer that has to have quite a few humans to operate. let them have at it.

Only large problem I could see is dickbutt getting their org to help 'fund' a javelin for Org use and walking away with it
Your just not crazy enough to understand

Tilorop

Space Marshal
Jul 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Tilorop
I backed this game during the kickstarter. Started with a lousy Hornet, but ended up adding "just one more". At the end of the kickstarter, they announced the Idris-M sales, and who was crazy enough to shell out $1000 for an interenet spaceship that nobody knew anything about? Crazy, sick, deluded!

..so, after pledging that amount of cash, the "rational limits and" was kind of entirely demolished, and shelling out $2500 for a Javelin was more or less just a knee-jerk reaction.

I think that 2500 is affordable for anyone who shell out 15k for a package - they already have the avaiable cash anyway.

At the end of the day, we support something else than the greedy and narrowvisioned publishers as EA etc, right? We pledge for a dream that go beyond the crappy cookiecutterstuff the major publishers regulary spew out.

Though I admit, still crazy spending this kind of capital on interwebz spaceships. :D

Reactions: CaptainRichard

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
If someone would pledge 15k during kickstarter, i bet CR would personally give you a bj.
Today its some intern at Cloud Imperium who points his finger at the screen a mumbles "hey, people are actually buying this"

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If someone would pledge 15k during kickstarter, i bet CR would personally give you a bj.
Today its some intern at Cloud Imperium who points his finger at the screen a mumbles "hey, people are actually buying this"
More like " Hey guys, Pizza Friday is back on, somone fell for the value pack again lol'

Forgot your password?