Concern? or just Drink beer and keep donating?

I saw this post out on the net... Is this important ranting or just useless Trolling?

• I...think...I need to rethink a few things here...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Tufao2 months ago
The biggest problem with the SC fans is that they fail to see the PR message under different angles, as well as the own member of CIG responsible for that, which are well-know as having seriously poor experience in the matter.
They think that their answers and explanations that "its not 1 million dollar for pets" or "stretch goals are coming only after day 1" or "those ship prices are just for fun and to help to build the game" are going to achieve the public, when in fact, it achieves just a few, and for the huge majority, they just will see the superficial headline, leading that huge majority of potential buyers understanding that the company is seriously "evil", abusing of their customers and addiction and asking absurd prices, as well as almost like disrespecting their "intelligence" by offering pets in exchange of 1 million dollars.
It will be even worst when on release, CR deliver a half-game (considering that it probably won't have many of those promises features ready, something that their team have been giving tips, but again, they only achieve a few with these explanations and excuses, and for the rest, what stays is always the superficial headline).
That's what happen when you put an actress and a fanboy of CR, both without experience and lead by the own CR (also with poor experience on this) to manage marketing, sales strategy and communication.
While they make easy money from die hard fans (really difficult to make in their scenario? really a merit here?), by the way that they do, they end screwing the chances with a larger public. And as they continue, their image become worst and worst... a terrible bad rep and people expecting a "vaporware", a "scam", and even that semantically wrong, they will end seeing exactly that in their perception, when CR deliver his game still without all the features (and as the business model will change strongly after release, chances are that in the 'after-release' the things - meaningful additions and missing features - will come even slower that they come today).
Seriously. If is the case to make a group of fans happy (let's remember that they are just a few - in their forums you see only 0.1% of their registered accounts talking each other, giving feedback and praising the devs), just raise the prices of subscription levels, with more meaningful perks for them and motivation to subscribe, but still keeping it optional, but do not sell ships and add stretch goals to motivate them, because that affects the whole PR of the company negatively under the perception of the general public.
Their attitude is non-sense. It's of people with serious poor insight of marketing and sales strategies and PR. They cant hope to build a company and make it survive in the long term or growing with the continuous fed to the 'dark side', making their reputation worst and worst, when they could do the same, in a more subtle form, without affecting the general public's view.
If they continue stubborn, thinking that to make a great game and building a healthy game company, you only need good artists and good programmers, designers, but terrible PR, communication and marketing professionals (even that "they be fun and cool in fan shows - for the eyes of die-hard fans), they will lead their company to a quick grave. It does not make sense that all those "concerned" fans be concerned by the skill of programmers, artists, designers, but never concerned about marketing and bad pr.
They probably are delusional that their counters are real, presuming that new people are coming like zergs, when in fact, all those new accounts created are in general the same guys creating additional accounts and buying more ships in different accounts for different reasons.
I really suggest the community of Star Citizen to start to worry more with their PR and to understand some realities of the market, how people in general always take only the superficial headlines to form their opinions, and start to help themselves and the own company to understand that their "battle" to "explain" is useless because they won't be able to achieve all the ears and eyes, but an absurd minority, and still not been able to convince even this minority, possibly already evangelized by "their own and usual superficial line of thinking" to presume that the company is bad.
Obviously, I ask the community to make such pressure, because CR, Sandi and Ben and others involved seem too proud to simply assume their limitations and simply hire people that would know like to deal better with the matter and not just "making money", but also creating "better ways to make money" that did not impact their pr so terribly as the current ways (justifiable if they needed the money as a requirement, but according with themselves, they are safe... so what they are doing is too risky and makes no sense).
Casper_DM replies to Tufao2 months ago
Star Citizen, the most crowd funded project of all time. Tufao, "terrible PR, communication and marketing...". Talks about inexperience of those working on the game... Has no source to back it up. Acknowledges the point that funding milestones are used to announce features and are not an indicator of what being added due to reaching said milestone, proceeds to say "by offering pets in exchange of 1 million dollars". Talks about the community, their motives and spending habits. No source to back it up. Talks about how evil Chris Roberts and team are, quotes him like a zealot might a bible blowing up at any deviation he comes across as though it were sin.​

Reactions: Zaraphandox

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Honestly I feel like the guy is trolling. Based on how many times he mentioned the pets I'd assume that's what has him all riled up. The way I see it wasn't that they were asking 1 million dollars for pets, it was more a "every little bit helps" and the pets we're thrown in as a kind of promise that would be added as well as the stuff said money would go to. This is a massive game and they are working directly off of donations from the community being said the community has played a large role in many factors of the game. I highly doubt that CR will just abandon not only his dream and ideals but the dream game of many gamers. Overall. That guy is just looking for drama where there isn't any.

Reactions: SARGE

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
I don't think they'll do that. They've put in too much effort at this point to just drop the mic and walk.
That and the legal action that would follow if they did. All in all people are just digging for drama to start. I wouldn't put faith in half of the stuff on the RSI community forums unless they have a solid reference or it came directly from an employee.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Fun fact: in response to the massive crowdfunding that Star Citizen has accomplished, last year, I remember hearing a story about the Supreme Court of USA looking at finances of crowdfunding again. Something crazy like that, I'm too drunk to go digging for the article.

Leperray

Ensign
Aug 13, 2015
RSI Handle
VOAD
Tufao2 months ago
The biggest problem with the SC fans.... across as though it were sin.​

Manze/Tufao/JCRG99 warning sticker: Sick, mentally twisted mind, banned from CIG years ago for harassment. Sicne then, his life's work is to spit at SC development.
Readers, do not trust him, do not trust me, make your opinion by yourself. Check latest Multiplayer Demo Gamescom 2015 and decide if it looks promising or crap for a AAA game project in Alpha stage.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Manze/Tufao/JCRG99 warning sticker: Sick, mentally twisted mind, banned from CIG years ago for harassment. Sicne then, his life's work is to spit at SC development.
Readers, do not trust him, do not trust me, make your opinion by yourself. Check latest Multiplayer Demo Gamescom 2015 and decide if it looks promising or crap for a AAA game project in Alpha stage.
First post: 6 month necro. You'll do well here. Why not go to the introfuction forum and tell us a bit about yourself? Welcome to TEST!

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
While I am all for discussion please let's try to avoid necroing super old threads. Feel free to start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?