[CONCERN] People joing this ORG have not been properly educated

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Am I the only person here who - seriously - doesn't understand the intention of this thread?
Whats wrong about spelling words correctly...?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Tehst Skwadrun - Bhest skwadrun
Tehst Skwadrun - Bhest Skwardun
FTFY...SPAI!

Am I the only person here who - seriously - doesn't understand the intention of this thread?
Whats wrong about spelling words correctly...?
It's a long running joke that @Montoya misspelled the second Squadron in our logo when he made it. He never bothered to fix it and it's a testament to our ineptitude.
This concludes your history lesson. There will be a quiz.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
FTFY...SPAI!

It's a long running joke that @Montoya misspelled the second Squadron in our logo when he made it. He never bothered to fix it and it's a testament to our ineptitude.
the story I heard is that it was up for three months before anyone noticed

so Dear Leader thought, "How serious could it be? Let's leave it like it is."

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
FTFY...SPAI!

Ah oukayy - thanks for that lesson in TEST history. It never took my eye that there is a misspelling, actually...

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Cool video chrizz.
Scientifically, apparently 25% of people cannot read through spellng mistakes. My sister is one.
That means 75% of us could care less.
I think I can figure out what someone who types squardron is trying to say.
Typing past my Wartog, is a bit of a pain too.
It is such a minor detail. Why worry about it?
Personally I think spelling and grammer police should have a permanent criminal status.
Your particular opinion may vary and although I respect that, it's pretty trivial.
If I am making a business case netting millions, and I have, I watch my spelling.
In online gaming? Sorry. I am not going back to correct a mistake most times, especially in game chat.
75% will get the drift.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
The word you're looking for is intelligent. Don't use the 'S' word.
Are the intelligent ones the ones who always spell things properly or are they the ones who can read through the mistakes? I'm confused.
Being able to memorize useless facts or be the winner of the annual spelling bee, to me, does not move one up the intelligence scale.
Those that can solve problems exhibit signs of superior intelligence. A skill that is fast falling by the wayside and one of the biggest complaints employers have today. <<<more useless facts.

Forgot your password?