Confused. Unconfuse Me. (gifting ships question)

Which option will best unconfuse me?

• The Javelin is, in fact, gift-able.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Javelin is not gift-able, and I would receive an error upon clicking 'Gift'.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm drunk, and don't know where I am.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • You're drunk, where are you?

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
EDIT: I have not made any of these purchases with credits. All were made with USD.

I'm confused, as the title would imply (or directly declare...). I'm of the understanding that ships/packages over $1,000 are NOT gift-able. I have a multi-ship package over $1,000, and there is no gift button for it. I have a Javelin acquired during this latest batch of sales, and there is most certainly a gift button next to it, subsequently producing the typical gift screen asking for your password and the recipient's information.

So, here's the deal:
  1. Either the Javelin is, in fact, gift-able, or
  2. The Javelin is not gift-able, and I would receive an error upon clicking 'Gift', or
  3. I'm drunk, and don't know where I am

Please help unconfuse me.

Last edited:

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Any item over $1,000 in value can not be gifted without customer service assistance.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
Any item over $1,000 in value can not be gifted without customer service assistance.
Just to absolutely be clear, you do mean gift and not melt, right? I know for a fact you need CS assistance to melt, but I have no idea what the actual rule is on gifting $1,000+.

Assuming you do mean gift, that wouldn't explain why my Game Package ($1,000+, bought with USD) does not have a gift button at all, while my Javelin (also bought with 100% USD) does have a gift button. Weird bug with their website maybe?

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Just to absolutely be clear, you do mean gift and not melt, right? I know for a fact you need CS assistance to melt, but I have no idea what the actual rule is on gifting $1,000+.

Assuming you do mean gift, that wouldn't explain why my Game Package ($1,000+, bought with USD) does not have a gift button at all, while my Javelin (also bought with 100% USD) does have a gift button. Weird bug with their website maybe?
I asked someone that has experience with this issue.
"Any ship or ship package that is $1,001 or higher cannot be gifted and needs CIG help to melt."
"The Idris-M, which was $1,000 even, can be gifted."

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I asked someone that has experience with this issue.
"Any ship or ship package that is $1,001 or higher cannot be gifted and needs CIG help to melt."
"The Idris-M, which was $1,000 even, can be gifted."
Awesome, thanks. That's strange that the gift button even appears at all. They should remove that. It could be item #1,023,676 on CIG's to do list!

Forgot your password?