Cruisader cockpit

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I find it confusing that this clearly enthusiastic streamer with the ultra epic Star Citizen game room with flight setup, mainly does cooking vids, but unless I missed it, they didn't say if he also does SC gaming vids. Either way, I'd like to see him do a blend where he cooks "Food from the Verse" where he creates his own versions of the various food items, like "Big Benny" style ramen, "Whammer's" style burgers, etc.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I found this after watching the initial video of this thread.

That's a really cool setup! I wonder if your neck would get sore looking up and around so much? Kinda reminds me of the Samsung ARK which I thought about getting until I started to worry about the prospects of neck pain/headaches.

I would love to experience this kind of setup non-the-less.

• Glorious
Reactions: FZD and Talonsbane

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I would really like to get a wide or ultra wide curved monitor this year or next year perhaps for emersion reasons. Don't so much care about being the best of the best at FPS. What monitor or size of monitor do you guys feel is ideal for gaming?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's a really cool setup! I wonder if your neck would get sore looking up and around so much? Kinda reminds me of the Samsung ARK which I thought about getting until I started to worry about the prospects of neck pain/headaches.

I would love to experience this kind of setup non-the-less.
Given the size of his screen, from my perspective, it almost seems like it's life size, so his neck would be as sore if he was sitting in the cockpit of a Cessna that was sitting on the ground, since he won't be having the additional stressers of the movements of the plane acting against his body & neck.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
What monitor or size of monitor do you guys feel is ideal for gaming?
Samsung 49" 5120x1440p. Older used CRG9 is still great if you're on a budget (even have my old one for sale if you're really interested), or newest OLED version (what I just upgraded to) if you're concierge level ;). Either way, the no-bezel single screen superultrawide format is the way to go IMO.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Samsung 49" 5120x1440p. Older used CRG9 is still great if you're on a budget (even have my old one for sale if you're really interested), or newest OLED version (what I just upgraded to) if you're concierge level ;). Either way, the no-bezel single screen superultrawide format is the way to go IMO.
I'm returning to PC gaming after a 20+ year hiatus. So far, I have my desk, keyboard, mouse, and joysticks. Next purchase will be a monitor...and I want to go all in so I'm happy with it many years down the road. Yeah, I keep going back and forth on what I'd like to get. My personal wish list are QD OLED wide or ultra wide curved screen. Maybe leaning towards the 49" Samsung but kind would like more vertical real estate.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
That room is cool certainly very cool, but if I spent $30k I would be pretty pissed about that discontinuity between the screens.
fsdfsfasdasdsadasdasda.png

Hm. Well, there's not really any 195" (to replace 3x65") ultra wide monitor available. In fact, I think he's using the largest ultrawide monitor as his dashboard there. So not much you can do about it, but like, man. That annoys me so much. Especially when you move around. And the bevels too. Sure they're "just like struts" on your cockpit, but then you get in a ship in game and now you got two sets of struts.

Hmm... there's no ultrawide monitor that could do that seamlessly, but I think you might have a better result with ultrawide projectors. Or using a couple of projectors. Probably a bit harder to set up tho, and you will need some space behind the canvas if you want to avoid your own shadow. But I think the result would be worth the hassle.

EDIT: Something like this. yeah. 3 year old vid so bit older projectors, but very good result nevertheless. Projectors ftw.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That room is cool certainly very cool, but if I spent $30k I would be pretty pissed about that discontinuity between the screens.
View attachment 25412

Hm. Well, there's not really any 195" (to replace 3x65") ultra wide monitor available. In fact, I think he's using the largest ultrawide monitor as his dashboard there. So not much you can do about it, but like, man. That annoys me so much. Especially when you move around. And the bevels too. Sure they're "just like struts" on your cockpit, but then you get in a ship in game and now you got two sets of struts.

Hmm... there's no ultrawide monitor that could do that seamlessly, but I think you might have a better result with ultrawide projectors. Or using a couple of projectors. Probably a bit harder to set up tho, and you will need some space behind the canvas if you want to avoid your own shadow. But I think the result would be worth the hassle.
My vote would be projectors too! I do renders for projection mapping shows like every year, and the overlapping setups they got going are crazy. 50+ projectors pixel perfectly, that's just the start...
So perfectly seamless is possible for sure. With the modern ultra short throw projectors you can basically just place right under to the screen, space and shadows shouldn't be and issue either. What you would have an issue with is the high percentage of black space on the screen, projectors can't really do contrasting deep blacks as far as I've seen. But I think I could live with a bit of grayness instead of double struts/bezels and such nonsense.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I found this after watching the initial video of this thread.

... aaand I now realize that video was about dual 4k projector setup as well. (got fooled by the thumbnail)
Yeah, projectors are definitely the way to go I think.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think they're all infinitely better than my set up. Though, I wonder how much more immersion those rigs will have once Star Citizen is able to run in a 4k VR headset for visuals. Having to memorize where every button, switch & control is would be challenging, but WoW would it be mind blowing.

Forgot your password?