Trading Data Running and Exchange

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I want to put out there that I think data gathering and missions pertinent information that is gathered from within the org should stay within the org whenever possible. That being said I'm offering to run my Herald full time and any information gathered about existing bounties, unclaimed mineral fields and anything else worth having will be sold inside TEST. I would like to set up a system where basic information about my information can be posted online, something like as follows:

*Big bounty on a xi-an world, recommend experienced Bounty hunter with Avenger or equilivent
*Small field of high content rare minerals, in known pirate space
*Newly discovered alien ruins to explore on planet in pirate free space, TIME SENSITIVE
-Anyone wishing to purchase this information PM me on the forums or contact me "KingNerd" directly in game, send TESTies in message header

I would then be willing to sell the information to whoever in our org wants to attempt to tackle the jobs.

I will make and keep a list of trusted people within our org that I know are good for a job, that list of people will have access to information free of up front charge. I will tack on a 10% finders fee after the job is completed, expecting that you can and will complete the job. If something goes south I will not expect compensation later from these people as things happen BUT if it happens more than I like I'll be removing you from my list.

If you aren't on my list but you are in TEST you get first dibs at data (right behind my preferred clients that is) but you get a discounted price on the data charge, I won't be asking the finders fee of 10% as the upfront cost will be about what I could get for the information on the open market. If you want to get on my preferred customers list it would do good for you to follow up with me about how successful your mission was and your willingness to do further business with me. If we get along (and you're not stingy with the credits) then I won't be stingy with my data :)

Right now my list of people that I trust to do work with is slim but it has plenty of room to grow :) If you think you may be on the list, you probably are!

-KingNerd aboard Drake Interplanetary Herald "Hill Mynah"

Reactions: WarrenPeace

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I also want to start collecting names of other people that would be interested in joining a squad of Information Runners and Data Scramblers, others who have ships that have the capability to capture/block/encrypt/decrypt data. This would be a list of people who both want to do this kind of work part time as well as people willing to go full time.

We can work out a shared bank from which our members could pull data or funds from as needed, it would extend our network and our reach, no corner of the verse would be dark unless we wanted it to be. A squad of people working together even on this unexplored front in game mechanics could be far more reliable when utilizing the same list of preferred clients and runners, perhaps even sharing ships and hangers. That way the system could be running 24/7.

I know they haven't gone into any detail on how this will work in the future but I have a feeling we are going to hear more about it soon and seeing as how there is nothing in the lore that allows for transfer of information at FTL that means systems have only once source of incoming information. Ships. It seems like it would be very important for us to have a strong grasp on this portion of the PU :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I don't know that I would make this my primary goal in the game, but I'd definitely be interested in dabbling. At the very least, I'd be glad to lend my Herald to anyone who wanted to use it. A lot depends on what is actually available for this section of the game, I'll have to wait to see what they're planning for the data-running and EWAR parts of the game.

Forgot your password?