Discord

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
1. Install a good malware protection software like Immunet or Malwarebytes. 2. Just use the TEST link to join our server as we know it is secure, hundreds of us have used it with no issues so it's confirmed clean. 3. If you don't trust the person sending the link over Discord, don't click it.

Safe internet practices are all you need, connecting to the TEST Discord alone does not expose you to any malware, at least none I or any other researcher has found.

EDIT: https://discordapp.com/invite/TEST Just connect using that link and you will be perfectly fine.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Any links anywhere can result in Malware. It's not a problem that is unique to just Discord, it's the entire internet in general.

My advice is to slowly move your finger away from the mouse button and step away from the computer... It's the only guaranteed way to be safe from malware. But if you insist on using the internet, just be smart about it. Wolfy's advice is spot on.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Any links anywhere can result in Malware. It's not a problem that is unique to just Discord, it's the entire internet in general.

My advice is to slowly move your finger away from the mouse button and step away from the computer... It's the only guaranteed way to be safe from malware. But if you insist on using the internet, just be smart about it. Wolfy's advice is spot on.
Even that isn't 100%; now powering down, disconnecting everything, placing it in a locked container that has been booby trapped, and buried in cement under the body of Jimmy Hoffa might get to awfully close to 100% protection from malware, but then I'd have to tell you where Hoffa is buried and I'm really enjoying that wall art in my basement.

Reactions: Halvix

Eril

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Eril
To all of you thanks for the … help :| But seriously, I addressed it because Discord has features that allow code execution. I'll try what Montoya suggested.

Reactions: Deroth and Ammorn
Forgot your password?