DO I DO THE MELT?

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Should be amusing to bounce about the PTU in for a bit.. End game is upgrading to an LTI Redeemer I think.. Purely because it's a landing craft and like hell am remembering to renew the insurance on that every time i get it blown up :P

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
In all seriousness, getting a ship that will generate you the most credits in early game play is the right way to go.
Phrasing it like that, suddenly squishing two haulers into one really big one is almost the logical decision.. I guess this is going to be the more efficient way to shift goods at least :P

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
In all seriousness, getting a ship that will generate you the most credits in early game play is the right way to go.
This, a thousand times this.

My perspective on LTI is "fallback ship." Whatever you have with LTI should be able to make you money, because doubtless once the game goes live it will eventually be outclassed and won't be your favorite ship anymore. Whatever its other faults, a Connie will always be able to carry big piles of junk from Point A to Point B - and will always make you money.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Something you could look into in the future is maybe upgrading the Taurus to a Banu Merchantman. Lots of good things going on with that ship. Definitely wouldn't do it right now as specifics are not really known at this time but the idea if a blockade runner should be heavily looked at by all cargo haulers.

Anyways, congrats on your brand new Taurus!

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Something you could look into in the future is maybe upgrading the Taurus to a Banu Merchantman. Lots of good things going on with that ship. Definitely wouldn't do it right now as specifics are not really known at this time but the idea if a blockade runner should be heavily looked at by all cargo haulers.

Anyways, congrats on your brand new Taurus!
Cheers Jack - I will do, trying to keep the game on a lil bit of a budget leash for a while :P

Reactions: Blind Owl

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I melt my fleet often, mostly to try out what has become flight ready. I figure I will get enough notice when the game is about to launch and my melting decisions must be finalized.
I've had a loaner Connie for sometime now and it has grown on me. I think you will be very happy with the Taurus, @FluffyVonRage .

Forgot your password?