Drake Volture new model

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ok, I admit this is a bit of a click bait but sccrolling varius project on LEGO ideas I found this amazing one and think it's worth to share.
We already know there are numerous LEGO builder that produce several model, but seeing one on the official LEGO Ideas site is something else:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Dang!
This actually looks impressive.
Now all we have to do ist convince CIG to switch from Lumberyard to actual LEGO and they can finish their backlog of ships in a matter of days I guess.
And at least it will not be more expensive to buy those physicalised components than the ship in game once it is ready to take off.
Now to get my hands on enough bricks for my BMM...
Great find and thanks for sharing.:love:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yep, cost-wise could be a bit on the expensive side, but according to the creator is a big model about 40cm+ long...

BTW the site is both a show case for user works but also a postal to suggest LEGO actually new product: every project that reach 10'000 supporter will be considered for actual production, so with enoght support se could hint LEGO to acttually produce a SC lineup...
Considering how many members TEST have seein a TEST color Aurora is not an impossibile idea.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Considering how many members TEST have seein a TEST color Aurora is not an impossibile idea.
Beautiful idea. Imagine a playset in only yellow and black. Tiny ship parts around a large crater.
Typical TEST diorama.
I'd buy into that.
:love:

Reactions: Vavrik and Garonman

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
a TEST color Aurora is not an impossibile idea
That is a fantastic idea! Does anyone here have experience designing LEGO models on BrickLink Studio? I'm tempted to have a go, but beyond having children that love LEGO and being a geek (just like, what, 70% of us here!?) it's not something I've done before, and a recent experience using SketchUp Free to design a laughably simple woodwork project taught me that just because a physical design seems easy to visualise in your imagination doesn't mean it's not a lot of work and a bit of a learning curve to model well. Experience would seem to be hard earned in this, as in most things. Anyone here have it already?

Reactions: Mudhawk and Vavrik

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
That is a fantastic idea! Does anyone here have experience designing LEGO models on BrickLink Studio? I'm tempted to have a go, but beyond having children that love LEGO and being a geek (just like, what, 70% of us here!?) it's not something I've done before, and a recent experience using SketchUp Free to design a laughably simple woodwork project taught me that just because a physical design seems easy to visualise in your imagination doesn't mean it's not a lot of work and a bit of a learning curve to model well. Experience would seem to be hard earned in this, as in most things. Anyone here have it already?
I haven't used that one - I used to dabble in l-draw and ml-cad (from memory), but it has been many years since I last did any "builds" with those systems.

Then again, it's been quite a few years since I last had a chance to do any real building with Lego, other than the annual Christmas\Birthday gifts... I'd love to get back into building, but I don't have the space to spread out the collection, sadly - That and I've diverted into clone bricks in the past few years: Cobi make some really nice tank models (mainly WW2) and are (were?) a cheaper option than Lego.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This is a great model and I am supporting it, but I suspect that it will have some significant licensing issues if it gets to 10k supporters
Well I see reaching 10k supporter as tthe hard thing... after all LEGO as already dome some IP models, like Herry Potters, LOTR, Ferrari, BMW, Porche etc... just adding SC whon't be a big of a deal, plus CIG could have additional visibility and earn something on it too...
I for sure will deflenetly buy a Cutlass Black and a StarRunner... well even a Nova... and eventually a Kraken... ok a lot of ships actually:love:

Forgot your password?