Dune: Awakening

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Wondering about how the developer will balance 'desert survival' game play with other aspects. The videos I've seen so far seen to emphasize the need to figure out desert survival game play while showing videos of 'thopters and machine gunning. Having read all of the Dune books, I'm drawn to the epic Arakis setting, just wondering what the game play is there beyond it being the next FPS shooter. It will be interesting too to see what CIG does next to advertise its desert setting gameplay to offset Dune Awakening's brand appeal.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well, all in all I had fun with Conan:Exiles so I'm pretty interested In Dune:Awakening.
And once I get my hands on it I'll be happy to cause some mayhem in the Spice fields.
But the whole "Alternate Reality" premise might be a bit much to swallow for hardcore fans of the books.
https://www.pcgamer.com/survival-mmo-dune-awakening-takes-place-in-an-alternate-timeline/
In the end , we'll see when we'll see if th crowd bites or not.
And honestly, it would have been a bit hard to make a game that focuses on multi faction gameplay in that peculiar desert if the Muad'Dib had his way as he does in the books.
Betting pools are open though.
Arakis or Pyro.
Who's opening the Gates of Hell for visitors first?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I am well aware.
And it's by far not the worst or biggest sh*t that goes down in those parts. ;)

Forgot your password?