EAC Blocking Process Priority set to High (Permanent Workaround)

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
  1. Open the Registry Editor by typing "regedit" (no quotes) into the Windows search bar
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
  3. Right click on this folder and create a new key called "StarCitizen.exe" (no quotes)
  4. Right click on the new StarCitizen.exe folder and. create a key called "PerfOptions" (no quotes)
  5. Right click on the new PerfOptions folder and create a new DWORD (32 bit) called "CpuPriorityClass" (no quotes)
  6. Double click on CpuPriorityClass in the value window change the value to 3
*** After I did this the game launched and I've made it to the habs without issues. If I encounter unexpected issues I will update this.

Last edited:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice find and nice to have your affrod recognise in an official way!

BTW, for the implementation of the REG key described there is a way much faster and easy way.

- Open "NotePad"
- Copy and paste the following line in it (do that as they are, no modification):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\StarCitisen.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\StarCitisen.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

- Save the file by using the "save as" option and typing directly the name of the file using the extention .reg at the end, for example "EAC_SC_Fix.reg" (no quotes).
- Double click on the file and confirm the operation, this will automatically add all the folder and DWORD into your windows registry, without having to navigate the whole thing and whitout the risk of doing something wrong.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Nice find and nice to have your affrod recognise in an official way!

BTW, for the implementation of the REG key described there is a way much faster and easy way.

- Open "NotePad"
- Copy and paste the following line in it (do that as they are, no modification):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\StarCitisen.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\StarCitisen.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

- Save the file by using the "save as" option and typing directly the name of the file using the extention .reg at the end, for example "EAC_SC_Fix.reg" (no quotes).
- Double click on the file and confirm the operation, this will automatically add all the folder and DWORD into your windows registry, without having to navigate the whole thing and whitout the risk of doing something wrong.
You're welcome to add that method to my Feedback post I made:

Forgot your password?