Fan Made - Could be the Aurora Fighter we have been looking for!

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
RSI's light fighter?
The Northstar is being billed as a RSI long-range fighter. Personally I'm kinda "meh" on it. It wouldn't be bad to have it in the game, but I don't see it as necessary. The Vanguard is the UEE long-range fighter, so this would either be a new RSI attempt to unseat the Vanguard, or a failed candidate that is being peddled to the populace so it isn't a total loss. The issues that I have with that are that RSI doesn't strike me as a company that goes after military contracts and instead focuses on mostly non-combat roles for their ships. I could see Consolidated Outland making such an attempt since they only have the Mustang currently (the cockpit design also looks a lot more like something CO or Anvil would produce than something RSI would), or even Kruger Intergalactic trying to move beyond the pocket-fighter niche they are in.

I could see this being lightly-armed and then billed as a RSI attempt at a racing ship (some of the hull features do scream RSI to me) because it does look badass.

Forgot your password?