People fired for "getting caught" for personal life which contradicts their employers values?

• It depends, and I'll explain, below.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I am living in the US, and I think this is bullshit.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I am not living in the US, and I think this is bullshit.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I am living in the US, and I think this is not bullshit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not living in the US, and I think this is not bullshit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a fish, "blub, blub, blu*hick*-blub"

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
I was curious about an international opinion, as it relates to people being fired. Here in Murica, there is occasionally a situation where someone in a public-facing position (such as teachers, principals, political figures) are basically fired or re-assigned elsewhere in an organization for publicly committing subjective acts of general immorality or even APPEARING to advocate said acts in their own personal life.

One recent example is here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/assistant-principal-fired-trey-songz-video_561fed49e4b050c6c4a4c552

I suppose this isn't as severe as being stoned, crucified, or beheaded for publicly professing one's religion in an oppressive region *ahem*, but my question is, how often does this kind of thing happen elsewhere in the world? I mean one thing that we Americans enjoy is the Freedom of (non-threatening) Speech and Association, but if corporations are taking away this right, then wouldn't that technically be unconstitutional?

Anyways, I'd love to hear how things happen elsewhere. My Fellow Eaglets, feel free to weigh in, but understand that this poll is primarily for our overseas brethren and sisteren.

Thanks in Advance!

BOILERPLATE FORUM DISCLAIMER AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY INTERNET PUBLICITY DIVISION. GLORIOUS LEADER, BARRACK OBAMA, LEADS THE WAY IN LIGHT AND STRENGTH. The opinions and views expressed at or through this website are the opinions of the designated authors and do not reflect the opinions or views of any of their clients or law firms or the opinions or views of any other individual. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency of the U.S. government. Examples of analysis performed within this article are only examples. They should not be utilized in real-world analytic products as they are based only on very limited and dated open source information. Assumptions made within the analysis are not reflective of the position of any U.S. government entity. All opinions expressed by NeoHelios on this website and on the show are solely NeoHelios' opinions and do not reflect the opinions of TEST or their parent company or affiliates, and may have been previously disseminated by NeoHelios on television, radio, internet or another medium. You should not treat any opinion expressed by NeoHelios' as a specific inducement to make a particular investment or follow a particular strategy, but only as an expression of his opinion. NeoHelios' opinions are based upon information he considers reliable, but neither TEST nor its affiliates and/or subsidiaries warrant its completeness or accuracy, and it should not be relied upon as such. NeoHelios, TEST, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries are not under any obligation to update or correct any information provided on this website. NeoHelios' statements and opinions are subject to change without notice. No part of NeoHelios' compensation from TEST is related to the specific opinions he expresses.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
If you are a pubic figure then you have to maintain society standards.

Prime example I'm in the military and I can speak freely about the military but not while I'm in uniform or while I'm on mission. The plain and simple fact is News will take my word and put in front of it US NAVY says this. When in all actuality it was just me saying that. I cant speak for the entire organization. So you have to be careful about this.

On this article basically what society thinks is well if she is doing it then that school must condone or support this life style choice.

Is it wrong yes it is. Sadly that's the way it is right now.

I'm also curious to see how other countries see this.

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Appreciate the perspective, and thanks for serving! (squid...) JK I was a Coastie, so I can say that :p Well, back in "my" day, that is; who knows anymore... But seriously, thank you! :)

Reactions: Sanbo
Forgot your password?