Fleet Master - Do you even fleet?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
There's a great neural interface brain game that's an adaptation of 3D chess but with star ship pieces. It's called Fleet Master. Put the game head band on, close your eyes.. or not, connect with whatever friend you want to talk with and challenge each other at the same time. It's a great pass time and gives us that much needed daily interaction with the few people we can trust across the verse.

What ship do you find yourself relying on most often for your strategies in FM?

Do you do random matchups (even those there's that hack risk that'll give you the gitters in your eyes for a few seconds.. I hate people who do that to us) or do you just play with friends or a little of both?

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
My hornet ghost is what I rely on most often for my strategies within FM. It's sleek and stealthy, making it easy to strike at the most opportune moment. My enemies don't see it coming.

Know your enemy. That's a quote right? I don't know by who, but it's in the back of my mind when I play. Nothing should be random, if it doesn't have to be. Research who you're playing against. Sure, for a bit of downtime if I need the practice, I'll hail a few friends over to drink some spirits and have a game or two.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
My hornet ghost is what I rely on most often for my strategies within FM. It's sleek and stealthy, making it easy to strike at the most opportune moment. My enemies don't see it coming.

Know your enemy. That's a quote right? I don't know by who, but it's in the back of my mind when I play. Nothing should be random, if it doesn't have to be. Research who you're playing against. Sure, for a bit of downtime if I need the practice, I'll hail a few friends over to drink some spirits and have a game or two.
Here, I rendered out the retro style board since the the modern version doesn't translate well to a flat still image.

Me personally... I find I use the Hornets most often too as they would as they're so many of them that we start off with in a game. But limited to only two unit movement on first move then one thereafter... I find they work best for me in a swarm like attack strategy because of the burst speed on first move and the sheer number of ... well.. expendable hornet pieces. However.. I find I like the Terrapin / Vanguard juggernaught attack strategy works great for punching a whole in defense. I don't mind suicide-ing one or two Terrapins to open a whole followed by vanguards to hold open the whole and then bring in a Retaliator to force the opponent to Quantum swap one or more capitols. Just hope to not make a mistake and end up losing both the Ret and VGs. But not an unrecoverable loss.. if opponent makes mistakes as well from there on.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Ok, what are you all talking about. Links, references, etc so I know and understand this discussion please.
Hi NKato,
You've never played Fleet Master before? It's an older game that was remasterd/updated for current gen ent. systems. You know, the play band? The thing kids put on their ears or across their foreheads now. Some kind of next level immersion stuff, I mean, I really don't have time to play the stuff most of the kids are playing but, a good old game like Fleet Master, that I used to play with my pops and my best friend growing up. Hell yea!
Truth be told.. didn't even buy my play band, mine I got off a bounty that I turned into QD prison (kellog system). Nasty snob fellow type that killed his brother over some kind of a business deal. Wish I could have kept the 890j I disabled to catch him... that ship had to go back to the family. Agh, bummer.

Forgot your password?